• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My flash drive was disabled because was ff internet for a long while now it says its installed but disabled and I have done everything it told me to do but still will not enable

New Here ,
Aug 27, 2015 Aug 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need to enable my flash drive that was disable have done everything but will not work

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 28, 2015 Aug 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jillh37839965,

What OS and browser version?

Do you currently have Flash Player installed?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2019 May 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 Edge Flash Drive pre-installed

Followed all steps to enable but still get error message that it's disabled.  In the tools, advance settings, it shows that it is on and enabled. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The 'allow Flash' prompt comes from the browser, not Flash Player itself.  If the browser is not prompting you to allow Flash it's possible there's an issue with the Flash detection scripts on the page that the browser can't detect to prompt you to allow Flash.

What is the exact link to the content that is not working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error is shown while I am trying to install an update. Adobe Flash

Drive is detected on my system and is said to be disabled but settings show

that it is actually enabled.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't use the term "Drive".  It creates confusion as there is no such thing as it pertains to Flash Player.

Please be clear and concise in describing what you are experiencing.  If there's an error, provide the exact text of the error, or a screenshot, which is the preferred method.

With that said, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge, there is no separate installer for Flash Player for Edge.

Microsoft also blocks Flash by default in Edge.  The content developer needs to include proper Flash detection scripts in their code so that the browser can detect the content requires Flash and prompt the user to allow Flash.  If you're not being prompted to allow Flash, it's most likely a content issue, as described.

Again, please provide the exact URL to the content you are attempting to view, so that we can attempt to reproduce.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines