• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My response to the End of life 2021.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think on this if you would. Why was it shut down? The answer some are saying is that the community for flash is dead. Wrong. Another answer that is being bandied about is: The pressure for flash's demise was the bigger AAA game industry. Maybe. The one that is most likely is that it cost more to keep it up officially than it was paying back. That's what I sadly think. Adobe is a company. It has to pay attention to what is the bottom line. I get that. 

Luckily, there are those who work to undo the shutdown, those who post non-virus-filled links and downloads, and those who update it still. There are hundreds of tiny websites who are giving out Virus free download links. There is one that I go to every now and then and see that he dug into the raw code, found Adobes killswitch and is teaching others what to change in the code to bypass it. They will continue to post. We will continue this fight.

Adobe has dropped the torch and It is up to those who care to carry it. That's what it boils down to. It falls down to those who don't have a bottom line. 

Have a good year and may the Gods be with you.

With a sad shake of my head and determined light in,
CC

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As an unpaid forum volunteer and long-time product user, all I can say is good luck with that!  🙂

All browser plugins pose certain security risks, especially unsupported ones.  For this reason, browser and operating system vendors are NOT going to make it easy for you to keep using Flash Player.  The same thing happened with Java, Silverlight, QuickTime, RealPlayer and others...  Nobody talks about those anymore because we learned we can get along just fine without them.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"long-time product user" of what?

QuickTime, RealPlayer are plugins made only for videos, and was easily replaced by new technologies.

The download link of QuickTime still active: https://support.apple.com/kb/DL837?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

Silverlight is used as client-side programming language by less than 0.04% of all the websites (https://w3techs.com/technologies/details/cp-silverlight), you can still use in some browsers and download, but the plans of microsoft is to only remove the downloads links after the EOL.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/silverlight-end-of-support-0a3be3c7-bead-e203-2dfd-74f0a...

Java still working in some browsers and the downloads links of any version too.

https://www.oracle.com/java/technologies/oracle-java-archive-downloads.html

Flash is used as client-side programming language by 2.2% of all the websites, and the rest of the story you know it.

• Adobe implanted a time bomb on plugins blocking the user;
  • Removed the download links;
  • Agreed with browsers and OS vendors to remove it;
  • Removed every trace on this forum showing links and how to make it work after the EOL not using the enterprise method.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"long-time product user" of what?

Adobe's Creative line of products & services, both past & present.  The one exception being Flash Player which has not been on my desktop/laptop computers for 2-3 years and was never allowed on any of my iOS or Android devices.  

I predict the remaining 2% or fewer Flash sites won't be around much longer.  Fees for hosting, TLS certs, domain names, advertising and customer acquisition costs will eat whatever profits they realized to this point.  Eventually, site owners have to be practical and stop the bleeding.  If the site isn't accessible by everyone on ALL devices, it's not fit for purpose and should be shut down. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines