• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need a truly SILENT Flash Player 15 installer

Explorer ,
Sep 19, 2014 Sep 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am in need of a truly silent Flash Player 15 installer.  With Flash Player 14, the install_flash_player_14_active_x.exe file works perfectly well with the -install switch.  The installer for Flash Player 15 that I've found - install_flashplayer15x32_mssd_aaa_aih.exe - does NOT install completely silently with the -install switch.  Is there one available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigRed,

Correct, the FP 15 installer file you have found (downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) is the online installer, which is not silent, but downloads and installs Flash Player silently.

Are you distributing Flash Player within your organization?  If so, and your organization has a license to distribute, you should be obtaining the installer from the Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe page which will work with the -install switch, and not from get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria -

That is where I got the file from - I clicked on the "Download Adobe Flash Player" link in the upper right and saved the file it gave me.  Should I be using one of the other links instead?  This is for a number of Windows 7 32-bit PCs that will be going out to our various locations around the country.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi BigRed,

Based on your response, it appears you will be distributing Flash Player within your organization and you'll need to obtain a Flash Player distribution license agreement and then download the installer from the page I mentioned previously.  The page I mentioned previously, as well as this page, Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe, contain information on obtaining the distribution license.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've already found it Maria.  I am a Windows Administrator at a Fortune 500 company.  We already have the license.  The issue was that I needed the link for the installer on a Windows 7 system with I.E.  It is doing a true silent install with the -install switch. 

FYI - the installer I mentioned above is for a Windows 7 system using a PlugIn based browser (i.e., Firefox) and it does NOT install silently with the -install switch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct, the installers downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer are not configured to be run silently and will not work with the -install switch. Only the full EXE installers (e.g. the ones posted to the distribution page, and some other help pages) are meant to work with the -install switch. 

Also, the installer offered for download from get.adobe.com/flashplayer is based on the OS/browser combination used when navigating to that page.  Navigating to the page with a plugin-based browser results in the plugin being offered.  Likewise, navigating there with IE results in the ActiveX control for IE is offered. If you navigated to the page with a plugin-based browser it can explain why you got the plugin installer, and not the ActiveX installer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 23, 2014 Sep 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I got the same issue as Big Red but still cant get it running it.

Actualy my package is running good but while i uninstall it can't erase the Flash32_15_0_0_152.ocx file is still there in my folder. The previous version were ok because we  able to kill the file without closing Internet explorer .... but now it seems we can't do it... can you help????

Thanks MG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mathg2014,

I don't know what "still can't get it running" means.  Please clarify, including what version is currently installed, and what version you are upgrading to, and the OS version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We were at version 14.0.0.176 upg to 15.0.0.152 in a Windows 7 system.

But we found that version 15.0.0.167 is in place and that version is working well so problem must be solved.

TY MG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

15.0.0.167 ActiveX, for Internet Explorer, was just released today.  If you host the background update locally, you'll want to download and deploy the new package to your server.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do silent install of flashplayer32pp_xa_install flashplayer32pp_xa_install.exe on a windows 10

machine.   I want to push this install out silent install with no interaction or boxs showing up on the remote users screen.  I am using this script

@echo off

Start C:\Users\brimsa\Desktop\flash32\flashplayer32pp_xa_install.exe EULA_ACCEPT=YES /qn

I get a black box on the screen then I get a window that asks the user to choose how they want their updates

I want none of that to show up and I want the recommended setting "update automatic" to be set. 

Can someone help me with this script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That sounds like the normal end-user installer. Do you have a distribution license for Flash?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes you were right - thanks

I am running this cmd now.and it install nice and silent

C:\Users\brimsa\Desktop\flash32\install_flash_player_32_ppapi.exe -install

the only problem I have now is when the install is finished I want the

update setting to be:

Recommended - download and install updates automatic

But the install is done with the setting to ask the user to install when an

update is available.

I do not want the users doing any of this.

I tried this cmd

C:\Users\brimsa\Desktop\flash32\install_flash_player_32_ppapi.exe -install

"-au 0"

but that does not work.

any suggestions?

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 9:02 AM Test Screen Name <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In your command, are you putting -au 0 in parenths?  If so, remove the parenths.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked great - thanks

Just an FYI if the mms.cfg file is already created you should delete it.

then when you run the scrip it will create the file with your desired

settings.

After a reboot the setting will take effect.

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 11:11 AM maria_vargas <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

Just an FYI if the mms.cfg file is already created you should delete it.

then when you run the scrip it will create the file with your desired

settings.

that's one option.  Alternately, if you're deploying via script, you can also deploy the mms.cfg file with your desired settings after installation.  This is helpful if you're using other settings in the mms.cfg file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines