• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need Flash Player - Nursing Student

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2021 Jan 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I am currently a nursing student. My school requires us to use a training program to understand the hospital medical records system. In order to be allowed to go on our clinical site, we need to finish the training. I have contacted the hospital IT, and they informed us to contact the school. We called the supervisor in charge and she told us to contact the hospital IT. So, I decided to contact Adobe and they informed me to get on here; however, I see lots of information saying that Adobe Flash is dead and we are doomed basically. Is there anyone who could help me out since the hospital IT could not, the school could not and Adobe could not? = Desperate Nursing Student.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life in July 2017 giving content creators, programmers, developers, IT experts, etc over 3 years remove Flash Player dependencies from their products. All modern browsers provide the capabilities necessary to do this in JavaScript.  This is an investment and prioritization choice, not a technical limitation. 

For reference:

Major browser vendors a

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 01, 2021 Feb 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to continue to talk to your school, since they don't seem to have grasped that Flash Player HAS GONE AWAY, and this will not change if someone talks to Adobe. They MUST make a different kind of training program: only the school can solve this, it isn't a tech problem to fix, or something Adobe will make a fix for. You could also contact your fellow students, since they will all be affected. (There were three years warning that Flash would go away, so you can reasonably complain to your school about this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one more person to request help from directly from the hospital and not IT department. Hopefully, they can assist us. Thank you for your time, and yes, I will inform them of this setback. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please feel free to point them to this thread.  Our partner HARMAN might be able to help them convert their training application to a standalone application.  Depending on the complexity of the application and their financial exposure, it might be a cost-effective solution.  If they have additional questions, they're welcome to post and we'll try to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe announced Flash Player's end-of-life in July 2017 giving content creators, programmers, developers, IT experts, etc over 3 years remove Flash Player dependencies from their products. All modern browsers provide the capabilities necessary to do this in JavaScript.  This is an investment and prioritization choice, not a technical limitation. 

For reference:

Major browser vendors are deprecating Flash Player support.  Details specific to each vendor:

• Apple Safari - removed Flash Player support in Safari 14, released Sept 16, 2020
  • Google Chrome - removed Flash Player support in Chrome 88, released Jan 19, 2021
  • Firefox - removed Flash Player support in Firefox 85, released on Jan 26, 2021.
    • Firefox ESR 78 will support Flash Player for the time being, assuming the Flash Player NPAPI plugin is already installed as it’s no longer available for download.
  • Microsoft Edge - removed Flash Player support in Edge 88, released Jan 15, 2021
  • Microsoft Internet Explorer and legacy Edge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines