Need help in uninstalling Flash files from Macromed

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I don't have Adobe Flash application in Control Panel of my Windows10 laptop. I also performed by downloading the uninstallation file, it says uninstallation is complete and needs restart, all is done. But I can still find Flash files in these paths C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash and C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash

I tried to Delete thos files but gives an error- 'You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to the file.' Screenshot is attached below

Can I get some help how to delete these files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021
The files you're seeing are most likely the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player files which are components of IE/Edge and are not removed by Adobe's uninsataller, which does not remove any browser embedded Flash Player version. For IE/Edge on Windows 8.x/10: Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found out the way! 🙂 thanks 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The files you're seeing are most likely the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player files which are components of IE/Edge and are not removed by Adobe's uninsataller, which does not remove any browser embedded Flash Player version.

For IE/Edge on Windows 8.x/10: Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines