• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help selecting correct version for Mac OS 10.6.8

New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am so sorry to take up your time asking what may be a silly question, but I did try the FAQ's first.

I have a mac running iOS 10.6.8 and I can *NOT* upgrade it until January 1, 2020 (contractually obligated to use software that won't run on anything higher).

It is a Macbook Pro with an Intel processor.

I want to be sure I am running the most current version of flash.     I am running 28.0.0.161.

When I go to the (apparently recently updated) page here:   Archived Adobe Flash Player versions     the chart does not have an entry that fits my OS and processor combination.    And I can't translate "28.0.0.161" to the numbering convention used in the chart which is something like "10.3.183.90"

What is the highest version of Flash that I can run on this mac?   And what is the exactly correct file to download to upgrade it if I'm not running the most current version already?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2019 May 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In general, the only valid copy of Flash Player that's safe to use for general web browsing is the current version.  This is why we don't provide a compatibility matrix.

If you can't run the latest Flash Player, you're better off not running it.  Use a dedicated machine with current software for general web browsing, and/or take advantage of virtualization technologies like VMWare Fusion to run your legacy software in a container, so that you can continue running software with current security patches for your other activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines