• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need to convert Flash to HTML5 without source file

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My team uses Articulate Storyline 3 to create our e-learnings. We recently republished all of our e-learnings from Flash to HTML5, but found one broken e-learning on our site that we can't find the source file for. Is there some way we can still convert that to HTML5 so it works for our viewers!? We have the URL for it on our website but that's it. We don't want to recreate such a complex e-learning and we can't even view it to recreate it exactly... Thank you!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

No.  There's not a way to make a one-click conversion to JavaScript. 

The SWF is a compiled binary.  It's bytecode -- an intermediate, machine-readable step between a high level language like ActionScript and actual machine language.  There are third-party tools that will let you disassemble a compiled SWF (SWFWire Inspector is my current freeware go-to), but unless you have a fairly hardcore computer science background, you're going to be hard-pressed to turn that into something useful.  

I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No.  There's not a way to make a one-click conversion to JavaScript. 

The SWF is a compiled binary.  It's bytecode -- an intermediate, machine-readable step between a high level language like ActionScript and actual machine language.  There are third-party tools that will let you disassemble a compiled SWF (SWFWire Inspector is my current freeware go-to), but unless you have a fairly hardcore computer science background, you're going to be hard-pressed to turn that into something useful.  

It's probably going to be far easier and faster to just recreate the content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines