• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Never had this happen-- why did Flash 32.0.0.156 stop installing in Windows XP32 SP3?

New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using FireFox 52.09.0 (ESR), Adobe Flash 32.0.0.156 stopped installing an update in Windows XP32, SP3

In thousands of years using Flash for Windows, no Flash installation ever has simply stopped. First, a perfectly routine screen, but about halfway through (with blue progress bar), the installation abruptly declared "Installation Failed".

The installation manager gave me two links which turned out to be very dated and not well-focused on the problem.

So, here is where I am now-- after I trying every remedy I came across for this issue, I realized a complete uninstallation should be simpler than trying to fix or update a faulty installation. Yet, after going through Windows XP Add/Remove program, it seems I should have witnessed removal of the download manager and installer, but did not.

The attempted uninstallation and reinstallation has not changed the behavior of stopping in mid-operation during installation. So that failure to remove the download/install manager could be the problem.

During the installation, I made sure to turn off my non-Windows firewall, and suspended real-time protection for my antivirus/anti-malware application. So, I know that third-party issues and a balky firewall are probably not involved.

But we shall see...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Hi,

We are aware of the issue, which impacts XP systems only, and are working towards a fix.  We expect to have a fix posted soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are aware of the issue, which impacts XP systems only, and are working towards a fix.  We expect to have a fix posted soon.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

At my request, an account customer service rep changed my name to alphaa0010. Could that be done for this thread, as well? I originally supplied my name as part of the account creation process, never imagining it would be taken up as the name used for any thread I posted. In fact, I do not recall ever having been shown where and how the account name would be used.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI alphaa10000

When logged out of the forums, I do see your user-name as:

Screen Shot 2019-03-22 at 8.12.59 AM.jpg

However, when logged in I do see your full name.  Forums users can configure how their name displays in their profile.  See the Forum FAQs for instructions on configuring this.

Also, the digital certificate issue with the online installers has been resolved.  Please go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download and install Flash Player.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

The Flash Player installed

without problem.

Your email notice asks me

to indicate the proposed

solution is "Correct".

However, when I arrived at

the forum, I found the

answer already flagged as

correct.

BG

On 3/22/2019 11:23 AM,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2019 Mar 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for confirming.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 23, 2019 Mar 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will ALWAYS see your own name. Some Adobe staff also see full names. Neither of these seems a good idea, but that's what the forum does. Ordinary users (like me) see alphaa0010.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines