• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No global settings panel in IE9 RC1

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2011 Feb 24, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Missing FP Global Settings.PNGHi.  My flash player is 10.2.152.26.

After installing IE9 RC1 on my Windows 7 home premium x64 system and using x32 bit IE9 I can't see the global settings panel on the Adobe page any more. I can still get the other settings panel in any video.

I reinstalled Flash Player and this is the only problem. Video etc all work. (Solved that problem a month ago!)

When I rolled back to IE8  the global panel came back.  Reinstalled IE9 RC1 and the global panel is gone again.

This is what Microsoft said: "You should be able to access the Global Settings using Internet Explorer 9 Release Candidate and Adobe Flash Player ... If you aren’t able to view the Global Settings check to make sure ActiveX Filtering is fully turned off... If that doesn’t help, try reaching out to the Adobe community to see if they can provide further assistance. Steven, Microsoft Answers Support Engineer "

Well, I disabled ActiveX filtering and still the same.  Here's the evidence:

Missing FP Global Settings2.PNG

The second image suggests  the global panel is still in there somewhere. ???  Any advice much appreciated.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never tried IE9 RC but now with the official release I am seeing the same thing.  Global settings panel show up as blank space on the web page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 15, 2011 Mar 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm not sure but I thot IE9 RC2 has been released. Also Flash Player updated to 10.2.152.32. I think they are tracking each other, so if you want to use the beta IE, then I'd be sure to have the latest. Same thing with Flash Player. Betas change all of the time adding new features, etc.

Flash Player works thru the browser, so a beta browser wouldn't be the most stable and could have a glitch or two.

The MS Tech didn't say which RC he was referring to. I'd check to see if a newer RC is out.

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IE9 is no longer a beta.  It went GA Yesterday.  I, for one, also have the current version of Flash.  Flash Local settings show up but Global settings do not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 16, 2011 Mar 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this on my system, which I updated with IE 9 this morning.  However, I'm able to see the global settings control panel... 

Anyone else seeing this?  You might want to consider resetting your IE settings.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2011 Mar 17, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the problem, the security setting "Do not save encrypted pages to disk" supposedly needs to be unchecked under internet options, advanced security.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good workaround.

Apparently it wants to save some temporary files and no longer can with that option set in IE9.  I have tried a workaround where I temporarily turned off that option, brought up each of the "global" setting options, and then turned the IE option back on.  I also have General options set to delete temporary on close but with do not Favorite Site Data.

I also tacked data to my problem opened in BUGS.ADOBE.COM.  Hope they check them out as they Incorrectly closed the problem resolved.

As someone else has noted the interface for Flash 10.3 beta is different and does not have this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting this solution.  Maybe I didn't have this problem since I had already visited global settings before I did an upgrade to IE9.  Either way, I'll note this and see if we can investigate further (and document for versions of FP before 10.3.)

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also tacked data to my problem opened in BUGS.ADOBE.COM.  Hope they check them out as they Incorrectly closed the problem resolved.

Would you mind giving me the bug number or URL in Jira?  I'd like to reference it in my report.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines