• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No more flash, now can’t attach photos in email

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've uninstalled Flash. I noticed I can't attach photos from my computer (iMac) to my email (safari). I can drag and drop, but this makes the photos so large, it takes up too much room.

I'm assuming this is what the problem is...no more Flash, but what's the solution?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

This doesn't have anything to do with Flash Player.  It wasn't a magical photo shrinking application.

You can either take photos in a lower resolution, or use an application to make them small enough to attach.  Alternatively, there are a bunch of cloud-based photo editing and sharing services from either Adobe or Apple that let you share images to other people without actually attaching them to email.  Adobe Lightroom (https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html) is a good example

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14, released back in September.  I doubt the behaviour is related to Flash.

What email service are you using in Safari?

<edit> corrected Safari version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Safari 13.1.2.....I've never had a problem with attaching...just seems odd since the new year Flash is no longer supported and my pics won't attach. TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This doesn't have anything to do with Flash Player.  It wasn't a magical photo shrinking application.

You can either take photos in a lower resolution, or use an application to make them small enough to attach.  Alternatively, there are a bunch of cloud-based photo editing and sharing services from either Adobe or Apple that let you share images to other people without actually attaching them to email.  Adobe Lightroom (https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html) is a good example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Never had an issue attaching photos to an email. I was a graphic designer and have photohop, but I shouldn't have to go into that to send a simple email with 2 pics. Timing seems odd, right when Flash is no longer supported that my pics won't attach. TY

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines