• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No PPAPI Update for 31.0.0.148

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018 Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday (11/19/18) I updated Flash to 31.0.0.148.  However, when I try to update the PPAPI, all the download link will give me is the "install_flash_player_osx.dmg" file -- even though I click for it through my System Preferences for PPAPI.  Because the PPAPI version doesn't match, I keep getting "upgrade" alerts.    I'm hoping an Adobe employee reads this, and fixes the download. 

Mac OSX 10.14.1, Safari 12.0.1, Chrome 70.0.3538.102.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

I was able to reproduce the behaviour you are experiencing on macOS 10.14 (this behaviour is not reproducible on macOS 10.13) and will file a bug for this issue.

in the interim, to update Flash Player PPAPI, do the following:

1. Launch any browser
  2. Navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  3. In step 1, select your operating system (Mac OS X 10.10 - 10.14)
  4. in step 2, select 'FP 31 Mac for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI
  5. Click the yellow 'Download now' button in the bottom right corner
  6. Install fil

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi janisk1969​,

The latest version of Flash Player is 31.0.0.153. If you try to perform update through system preferences, it would download the file and you need to install the same. If you want updates to be installed automatically, in system preferences open Flash Player and click on updates tab. Select "Allow Adobe to install updates". Within 24 hours of a new version release, you would get updated to the latest version if you are connected to the internet.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2018 Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I checked, and you are correct -- there have been TWO updates in the past few days.  I now have 153.  HOWEVER, the same problem exists; the PPAPI version remains at 122.  Has that side of Flash been eliminated?  Is 122 the latest PPAPI version?  Or did someone forget to upload a 153 version for it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 26, 2018 Nov 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am unable to reproduce.  I did the following:

1. Install PPAPI version 31.0.0.122
  2. Launched System Preference > Flash Player Settings Manager
  3. In the Updates tab, click Check Now button next to the PAPPI Plugin version
  4. Flash Player checked for an update and displayed the notification that an update was available.
  5. In the Update Available notification, click Yes to update Flash Player
  6. The default browser launched to https://get3.adobe.com/flashplayer/update/ppapiosx
    1. This URL downloads the PPAPI plugin regardless of the user's default browser (which may or may not be a PPAPI-based browser)
  7. Click yellow Update Now button
  8. install_flash_player_osx_ppapi.dmg file downloaded - this is the PPAPI tester
  9. Close System Preferences
  10. Proceed to install PAPPI plugin
  11. After installation completes, launch System Preferences > Flash Player Settings Manager
  12. Navigate to Updates tab = Flash Player PPAPI plugin 31.0.0.153 installed

Note that Google does embed Flash Player in Chrome and there is no need to install it separately.  The embedded version does not display in the System Preferences > Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab, as it's a component of Chrome and not a separate,  manually installed plugin.

Chrome will also use the most recent version, regardless if it's the embedded or non-embedded version.  To determine which PPAPI plugin Chrome is using, launch Chrome and navigate to chrome:/flash.  Chrome will display various information, including the Flash Player version installed, and Flash Player installed path.  If the path is /Library/Internet Plug-Ins/PepperFlashPlayer/PepperFlashPlayer.plugin, it's using the manually installed version.  If the path is /Users/Your-UserID/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/PepperFlash/PPAPI_Flash_Version/PepperFlashPlayer.ppapi it is using the embedded version.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply. 
I had tried to update the PPAPI 3 times before I received your email, operating exactly as you mentioned (as I've done every time).  I got the same results (no PPAPI).    I even tried "fooling" the NPAPI link by changing the N to a P, to see if I'd get the correct version.  Nope.
After receiving your email, I clicked on the link you embedded.  TWICE it sent down the NPAPI version. 
Any other ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which browser do you have configured as the default browser?  It shouldn't matter, but this info will help troubleshooting.

What URL are you redirected to when you attempt to go to https://get3.adobe.com/flashpalyer/update/ppapiosx? (copy/paste the link).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce the behaviour you are experiencing on macOS 10.14 (this behaviour is not reproducible on macOS 10.13) and will file a bug for this issue.

in the interim, to update Flash Player PPAPI, do the following:

1. Launch any browser
  2. Navigate to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  3. In step 1, select your operating system (Mac OS X 10.10 - 10.14)
  4. in step 2, select 'FP 31 Mac for Opera and Chromium - PPAPI
  5. Click the yellow 'Download now' button in the bottom right corner
  6. Install file is downloaded to the selected download folder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whoo hoo!  That worked!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2019 Jan 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For what it's worth, and in case it's of interest, the same thing "was" happening to me, but directly choosing the update in that link worked.

The last update go-around I needed to do the same thing, but kinda forgot how I did it, and this go-around I was wrongly selecting the NPAPI because it's listed as being or the browser I typically use (Firefox) and overlooked that I needed the PPAPI is what I really came for.  My fumble, but if the task worked at the system preferences, I could have kept how stupid I am a secret.

If the developers are interested, I'm using an iMac running 10.14.2 and my default browser is Firefox 64.0.2 (64-bit) (most current).

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 14, 2019 Jan 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update.  This issue has not been fixed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines