No slider in Flash local storage

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2019 Mar 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem started fairly recently.

When I play a particular Flash-based game, it pops up an error that says,

Your computer won't let your progress be saved. Right-click and choose Settings and choose unlimited.

So I right-click and choose Settings, and my options for local storage are Allow or Deny. (It's allowed.) There's no slider to change the amount of storage (as is shown on the various forums and websites).

I used the following website, which shows that this particular site is allowed 100 K of storage. Again, there's no slider to change the storage. The only slider is on the global storage.

http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager07.html

So I changed global storage to unlimited and reloaded the site. It had unlimited storage. I reset the global storage (since I don't want everything to have unlimited storage) and my site is back to 100 K.

How do I give this website unlimited storage?

I'm running Windows 7, version 6.1.  I'm running Mozilla Firefox 65.0.2 (64-bit) (up to date) and Flash 32.0.0.142 (64-bit) (just updated). I cleared my cache and tried things again, and it didn't help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a known bug in 64-bit Firefox

The alternative is to use 32-bit Firefox, or a different browser until Mozilla fixes the bug in Firefox 66/67.  According to Firefox Release Calendar - MozillaWiki , Firefox 66 is scheduled for release on March 19.  If you're not adverse to running beta versions, Beta 66 is available for download. You can download that & see if it resolves your issue.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines