No sound at c-span.org videos

New Here ,
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linux Mint 18.2

Firefox 55.0.2 (64-bit)

Flash Player 27.0.0.130

I don't get any sound at c-span.org. On YouTube and other sites I get sound.  I saw something about right clicking to select an output when a video is playing. That crashes the flash plug in. Sound plays in Google Chrome and Firefox in Windows 10 on the same machine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Sep 16, 2017 Sep 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Changing a setting in Firefox that I had never previously touched seems to have fixed the problem. I'll have to look on other computers that have worked to stream video from C-SPAN to see if that setting is checked by default in those.

Preferences> Content> check box for Play DRM content

Thanks for the link to the Linux Mint forum where that was suggested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kend55955320​: do multiple audio sources work for you while a flash video is playing? What is your audio setup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

not_Gaben - Do you mean can multiple sound sources play at the same time? I don't know why I would want to do that. Is it some kind of test of the system? I have an ACER laptop with two little speakers and a headphone jack.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I was wondering if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am using ubuntu 16.04. Whenever firefox loads a flash game, it blocks the sound in all other applications. For example, I cannot launch the playback of an mp3 file in my music player, or open a youtube video in a new tab, or open a youtube video in chromium. This only happens since the last adobe-flashplugin update. Checking or unchecking the "play DRM content" box doesn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines