Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No sound on Windows 10 various browsers

Sep 20, 2017 Sep 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 10 updated on my PC last week.  Ever since, any website that uses flash player has no sound.  For example, certain streaming websites such as PS Vue or Hulu.  I first noticed it in the Edge browser.  Tried Firefox and Chrome and still no sound.  The latest version of flash player is installed for the Firefox plugin.  With Edge there is no way to update it,  as Windows supposedly updates it automatically.  In each browser settings, flash player is enabled.  All other forms of media have sound fine.  Websites that do no use flash player, such as YouTube, work fine.  In the sites I noticed it does not work, there is no way to change any specific flash player settings for that site (no right click option, nothing in the browser tool bars).

I suspect the Windows update last week screwed something up or does not play well with flash player.    No response from Microsoft support.   Surely, I can't be the only one this is happening too. . .

Appreciate any help.

TOPICS
Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

This is resolved in current beta builds.  It should be in the October generally available release.

You can pick up a copy of the latest beta here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please see the New Feature 'Support Audio Output Selection in Flash Player' section of the Release Notes Flash Player 27 AIR 27​.  This may be what you are experiencing.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But as I previously mentioned,  the various streaming websites that I mentioned do not have any way to bring up the "Flash Player Settings dialog" to access the newly added audio tab.

Sony support for PS Vue did not have a solution, they only recommended updating flash player to the latest version, which I already did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the various streaming websites that I mentioned do not have any way to bring up the "Flash Player Settings dialog" to access the newly added audio tab

Please do the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These were taken from the Edge browser.

The first image (PS Vue) shows the right click context in the middle of the screen.  The only options are "select all" and "print".

The link to PS Vue is https://vue.playstation.com/watch/channels :   But you need a subscription so that will not do you much good unless you have one.  Sony support said Vue does use flash player.

PSVue capture.jpg

The second image (CNN Go) actually does have a full context menu for flash player.  But I have the correct audio output selected which is Digital Audio/S/PDIF.  It still has no sound.

The link to CNN Go is CNNgo - CNN.com .   It also requires a subscription, which I don't have.  It does have a 10 minute free sample which I used to test this.

CNN capture.JPG

Has something maybe changed in flash player where I need new audio codecs installed on my pc?  Again, sound was working with flash sites before last week.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I right clicked a flash screen and went into sound settings.  I clicked a different speaker option (I had several), then back to the correct speakers...closed the settings box and I had sound.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does not work for me.  Still no sound have doing what you described.  It looks like I am just going to have to wait for the next release in October which they posted a notice about and will revert back the audio changes they previously made.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

still nothing on the "audio output" List

what else can I do ...??

still no sound in Chrome !!!!

just Check in Mozzilla ....  no sound ... check settings ... and audio output list was there ...change to the right one and started to hear sounds ....   GOOD on Mozzilla !!

Explores ... WOW ...older Flash  ....  not even showing the playback option

after upgrading flash ... playback option lists is there and hearing sounds OK

will reatart everything for a last try

( by now ...Chrome still no sound !!!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks

but solves nothing

G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may not solve anything immediately for IE/Edge users, but it does tell you that a fix is in the works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is resolved in current beta builds.  It should be in the October generally available release.

You can pick up a copy of the latest beta here:

http://www.adobe.com/go/flashplayerbeta/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 28, 2017 Sep 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I installed the beta for Firefox and the audio issue is resolved for me now.  Thank you. 

Now just waiting for the version that will work in Edge,  which Windows 10 supposedly updates automatically. . . eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines