• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No videos playing. Fire fox. Flash v19. Windows 8.

Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cant get any videos to play on youtube.

The first image of the video comes up where it stops playing. The video continues to load but attempting to click play/pause or skip to a different point freezes then crashing the entire browser.

Also when clicking pause/play a weird amalgamation of the pause and play buttons appear, like a arrow with a gap in the middle

I have tried all the fixes from: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/flash-player-games-video-or.html

Also have trouble with Fallout 4 freezing on start up, possibly because it plays a flash video as an intro? I have to reset my computer multiple times and attempt to start the game first off to get it to run. It never works after attempting to play a flash vid. I'm just guessing at this point i will have to see if a fix affects this as well.

I'm not sure what to do as youtube vids are my usual go to for software fixes.

Any help is appreciated, Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Deleted User
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

The problem appears to have stopped. I don't know what has fixed it, I didn't do any thing more to fix it. Maybe it was the latest windows update? I don't know. I think its weird none of the fixes I tried worked. I am very confused.

Any way its working now, I hope anyone else having an similar problem experiences the same spontaneous fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 17, 2015 Nov 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is affecting all websites. Most others only flash player stops working not the whole browser crashing.

Its exam time for me so Fallout not workings not a bad thing. But this problem is also affecting my recorded lectures which I really need!

I need a fast fix or an alternative now. This is affecting my study!!

Edit:

Uninstalling flash fixed youtube vids and some other sites. Doesn't work for all sites.

May try reinstalling flash later, but will wait for a fix first.

Edit 2:

tried re-installing flash. Did not work.

This problem persists on Google Chrome and Internet explorer as well. Same or similar presentation.

Is any one else having this problem?

Edit 3:

Tried beta v20 of flash. Videos now play but crash if i interact with the player and after a while crash any way.

Any one know ANYTHING else that i can try?

Edit 4:

Tried updating Java. No effect.

Tried installing previous version V18. Same crash.

I am going to update to windows 10 see if that helps.

Any way to contact adobe support directly?

Edit 5:

Instaled windows 10 Still not playing and crashing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 20, 2015 Nov 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wait. So youtube uses HTML 5 to play videos? So flash should not effect it?

I'm new to this so im not sure what this means.

Does that mean the flash player is not the problem? If it's not im not sure where to look for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.Could you please share the URL for which this issue occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 21, 2015 Nov 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.

Happens on all videos on any site.

including:

Also, I tried installing a earlier version of fire fox with no effect. Good luck I'm out of ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 22, 2015 Nov 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE!!

I fixed it (hopefully)! I downgraded my Nvidia graphics driver back to 355.98 and it appears to be working!

I think updating flash was just a coincidence with when the problem started.

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*Sigh* disregard last fix . It was working for a short time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These webcams worked until a few days ago, now none of them show on any browser, and I have tried all the Adobe Help

We're Smokin' Tuna...and It's Legal!

Sloppy Joe's | Crowd Cam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to Windows 10 or retunrn Windows 7

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2015 Nov 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks montain for the suggestion. I have upgraded to windows 10 from 8 to try fix this but the problem continues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 27, 2015 Nov 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem appears to have stopped. I don't know what has fixed it, I didn't do any thing more to fix it. Maybe it was the latest windows update? I don't know. I think its weird none of the fixes I tried worked. I am very confused.

Any way its working now, I hope anyone else having an similar problem experiences the same spontaneous fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines