• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

non responding of browsers Google crome,Opera and firefox due mising file.

New Here ,
May 18, 2020 May 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using window 7 version on my laptop. I had tried once to uninstall Flashplayer and Adobe Acrobat from my system to install latest version, but uninstalltion fails and my Google crome, Opera,Firefox stop responding and showing massage as error of 0cx0000005 is there in sysyetm and contact system provider.  What is the remedy for the same please suggest.

TOPICS
Browser , Error , Performance , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like the machine is a bad state.  The error message isn't helpful, beyond pointing out that something fundamental (outside our sphere of control) is wrong.

First things first, if you haven't rebooted the comptuer since the problem started, that's a great place to start. 

I would then recommend that you back up any critical data.  If your hard disk is failing, it will often look like disc corruption before it dies completely.  This is a great time to make sure that you're not going to lose anything important if it fails. 

Once you have backups, the next step is to check the disk for problems, and repair them.  This will create a lot of physical activity on the disk.  If the disk is already dying, there's a chance that it might not survive.  Again, make good backups first.

Once any errors are discovered and repaired, then you can try uninstalling relevant applications again.  Hopefully that works.  If it doesn't, then you're looking at resolving underlying Windows problems.

You can try the Windows System File Checker, which should validate that the OS is in a good state and allow you to repair issues: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929833/use-the-system-file-checker-tool-to-repair-missing-o...

At that point, you might try the uninstallers again.  Hopefully they work.  If not, then you should probably think about whether it might be easier to just format the machine and reinstall the OS and software.  There are third-party system utilities that can try to help you clean things up, but a.) older windows machines perform way better with a fresh OS install (registry bloat, etc) and b.) there are no guarantees on the third-party tools, and you put a lot of faith into those tools to identify and recover from states that shouldn't really happen in the first place.  I'm a big fan of regularly starting fresh, particularly on older windows versions.

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines