• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Official Offline installers for good !

New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been in the IT career for over 7 years now, and i'm meeting the great "update adobe flash player" issue in "EVERY" secure environment !

i end up stuck searching for community made offline installers that contains the risk of malware and ad wares and  other harmful wares

kindly provide us with official offline installers with plain appearing buttons in the download pages ... for good !

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Flash Player offline installers (exe and msi) for enterprise distribution are available via distribution license (free for the vast majority of the use cases).  To apply for a distribution license, please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe​.

We also offer a Background Update package that enterprise customers can host locally within their environment.  More information on this is available in the Flash Player Admin Guide, in the 'Performing a background update' section of Chapter 3.

To m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. What "issue" specifically are you dealing with?

2. Why on earth would you launch a suicidal search for malware infected installers? Isn't that a breach of your company's security policies?

3. You are obliged to have a Flash Player redistribution license, which also gives you access to secure installers. Are you working without one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. our company's policy allows few "browsing" and "no download" for our users, so when the update is out for chrome for example, we have to get to each user's computer and allow download for the updater. each update! a single offline installer will be made into a SCCM package and deployed on the computers and every body is happy!

2. some companies have this policy, others not and are OK with any easy tool to do the job. which is a community packaged installer

the community packaged installers are on the internet for "A REASON" right ? so why don't we make it official and safe !!!??

3.to be honest i don't want to have flash player to start with ! ... but i have no choice/alternative ... videos and a load bunch of sites use it.

so as long as flash player is unique ... shine for us and make our lives easier

we don't have to go through lots of additional license and checks when we can just navigate adobe.com and download flash player! and just throw a company-wide installment !

i'll check the secure installers for now ... i hope they do the job

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Ok, so your problem is you don't have the offline installer.

2. Community packaged software is often in breach of the license, and in the case of Flash Player (or Acrobat Reader) certainly is in breach. Individuals sometimes choose to ignore this, but for companies this is a risky strategy, which IT professionals need to make sure is signed off above them, so it is not their head on the block if the big company sues, or the IT compliance organizations raise fines. Adobe DO provide it officially, of course, for those licensed to use an offline installer on behalf of others.

3. I don't care whether you want Flash or not personally (I don't work for Adobe, staff may have a different view).  Your obligation, as an employee and as a company, is to follow licensing terms. One way is to let each install their own software. The other is to have a license to do it for them. So, do you have a Flash Player Redistribution license? If not, your company is not acting legally, and I am sure you will want to resolve this quickly and quietly. Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe 

If your company's employees need Flash today I'd recommend also that you make sure you and your company are aware of the 2020 shutdown of Flash Player, and the friction your users will meet long before them. My recommendation would be to examine all the use cases and make sure there is a migration strategy. Obviously it will go away whether or not you do that, but it would be as well to make sure mission critical systems don't go away with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player offline installers (exe and msi) for enterprise distribution are available via distribution license (free for the vast majority of the use cases).  To apply for a distribution license, please go to Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe​.

We also offer a Background Update package that enterprise customers can host locally within their environment.  More information on this is available in the Flash Player Admin Guide, in the 'Performing a background update' section of Chapter 3.

To manage the distribution of the embedded Flash Player PPAPI plugin in Chrome, see Google's document Manage Flash in your users' Chrome Browsers - Google Chrome Enterprise Help

Most enterprise distribution license requests are processed very quickly, but can take up to 2-3 business days.  If you don't receive a reply after 2-3 business days, check your spam folder, and/or perimeter email scanner quarantine folder.  The email contains an encrypted PDF and these security measures are known to capture the email.  If the email is not there, you can private message me the Adobe ID/Email address used to request the distribution license and I'll follow-up with the licensing team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines