Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

offline installer for flash player 13.0.x.x

New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

We are on a McAfee Sandboxing project and as McAfee's statement it requires a specific flash player version 13.0.x.x, I have done a lot of google searches but still didnt know where i can download this specific version of FP.

Can anyone help on this one. thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2020 May 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would be extraordinary to install a version of Flash with multiple unfixed security issues, in the name of a security product!! I suggest you avoid a product which is trying to weaken security in this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a current version of McAfee software 'requiring' Flash Player 13?  If so, I'd be very suspicious as Flash Player 13 is 5 years old and there's a host of security issues fixed since then.  Refer to https://helpx.adobe.com/security/products/flash-player.html for a list of security updates released since Flash Player 13.  We strongly recommend against installing any older version of Flash Player, especially something that is as old as Flash Player 13.  Furthermore, all browsers block old versions of Flash Player.  Even if it were installed, you'd be prompted to immediately update upon attempting to use it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is backwards compatible.  You always want to be running the latest version. 

If you're getting prompted to install Flash Player and you know you have it installed already, that's most likely your browser blocking Flash.  Most modern browsers in the US block Flash by default at this point.

Instructions on enabling Flash in various browsers follows: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

The other big question here is that you're making this big investment with a dependency on Flash Player, but Flash Player is going to be EOL in about six months.  You're going to need a plan for continuing to administer this solution.  As others have pointed out, the requirement to run unmaintaned software in order to administer a security solution seems self-defeating.  There are steps that you can take to limit your attack surface (we're introducing options to allow administrators to restrict Flash to loading only content from whitelisted URLs), but that generally means that you'll also need to run a legacy browser, as most browsers plan to remove the plugin interfaces necessary for Flash to run, in tandem with Flash EOL.  

I imagine that McAfee probably has a version of this solution without the Flash dependencies.  You'd probably be better served by persuing that upgrade, and/or talking about the issue with McAfee to see what their roadmap is for a post-Flash world.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's the background on the Flash EOL, which points to the corresponding browser roadmaps: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Guys, like I said it is McAfee's SANDBOXING solution, sandboxing feature can keep the whole system safe regardless of what versions we use.

We are going to install old version of JRE and Chrome as well, and both of them have the old versions download link provided officially. that's why I'm asking it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines