Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

old chrome, audio problems with flash, mac

New Here ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

chrome version 49.0.2623.112(64-bit)

(which I believe is the newest version of chrome still available for)

Mac os x 10.6 snow leopard

(which is what i have.)

i do voip over flash, and my input audio gets some noise (like echos) and, it's delayed by about a second or two. i can hear the other person mostly fine.

my ethernet connection is pretty fast.

are there things i can adjust in chrome settings etc. to make this better?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2018 Dec 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not really.  It's hard to know why the echo is happening.  If one of you is using the chassis mic and speakers instead of a headset, that's a good indicator that the VOIP application isn't using the enhanced Audio APIs, which support Acoustic Echo Cancellation. The legacy audio APIs would definitely have echo if the mic is able to hear the speakers.  If it's some other kind of latency-related echo, then there's really not a lot you can do about it.  It depends on how they've implemented things.  There's a lot of freedom in AS3 to implement video conferencing in non-optimal ways.  It's definitely possible to do conferencing well with Flash, which suggests room for improvement in the content provider's implementation and/or infrastructure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines