• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

online installer crashes - Win7

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2017 Nov 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do I have to "apply for license" to use the Web?
The application page says "Signing In..." for about half-hour already and does nothing.

I cannot install Flash Player using installer from Adobe website because it crashes (Win7).
I cannot download .msi/.exe installers because now I need "a license".

Without Flash I cannot watch youtube educational videos and because if that in next turn I risk losing a job.

This is terrible, and so unprofessional I cannot even begin to describe.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot install Flash Player using installer from Adobe website because it crashes (Win7).

What is the file name of the installer file that is crashing?

Without Flash I cannot watch youtube educational videos

YouTube has defaulted to HTML5 for several  years now. Please post a direct link to the YouTube video that purports to need Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fine name is flashplayer27ax_ra_install.exe

Youtube page is closed and not remembered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2017 Nov 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I branched your post to a new discussion as it's not relevant to the topic you posted to.  Unfortunately, your post containing the excerpt was in reply to someone else (not me) and it wasn't transfered over when I branched it.  Here is the contents:

Instaler crashes with message: "Adobe download manager has stopped working".
Details:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH

Application Name:    flashplayer27ax_ra_install.exe

Application Version:    2.0.0.163

Application Timestamp:    59cb13d2

Fault Module Name:    flashplayer27ax_ra_install.exe

Fault Module Version:    2.0.0.163

Fault Module Timestamp:    59cb13d2

Exception Code:    c0000005

Exception Offset:    0019ffd0

OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4

Locale ID:    1058

Additional Information 1:    f81d

Additional Information 2:    f81d0954050c9bdea0a2baaa306bf449

Additional Information 3:    9d09

Additional Information 4:    9d09eff298dbe5fb4fc2525aad0ddcf8

Also, I dont know why it tries to access the Internet via proxy-server, while I clearly defined in my default browser Firefox 56.0.1 that Internet access is "no proxy".

As for the proxy server, please check the following:

• Launch Control Panel and navigate to Internet Options
  • In the Internet Options window, go to the Connections tab
  • Click on LAN Settings
  • what is the LAN Settings option selected (if any)?

Please provide the following files and I will forward them to the online installer team for further review:

Upload all 3 files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document  and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  But please do provide the crash dump file and the online installer log files so that the team can investigate why the installer is crashing.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding LAN settings, I set up to "no proxy" in Internet Explorer, and dialogue window is the same as if opened from Control Panel.

Regarding log files, I cannot provide those because of sensitive information that can be used to identify me or my company. Is it OK to delete domain name of my company from the logs and then share?

Regarding dumps, I'm not sure if the installer generates any 'dump' files, at least it doesnt say so, except information it shows me in its window right after it crashes, and I posted it in previous post.

Buy the way, at this moment I successfully installed flash update from file I mentioned before. For some reason without a crash. It may be something related to how the installer and proxy-server software behave. I still can send you log files to investigatem if you agree on me deleting personal information.

Update: logs are re-written with 'successful' installation log, not sure if you're interested in successful, since you need the faulty logs to find out the problem and fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it OK to delete domain name of my company from the logs and then share?

Absolutely. Just replace your company name with domain.  You can also send the link to the uploaded files via private message.  Click on my user_name and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, include a link to this discussion topic.

Is there a crash file in C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Local\CrashDump around the time the installer crashed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I downloaded the crash log files and have forwarded them to the online installer team.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines