• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opening Flash changes my screen resolution to lowest

Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title says it all. If I open any .SWF file in the Viewer, my screen will switch to lowest setting.

It's never done this before and the .SWF works perfectly fine in IExplorer and Firefox.

I even tried to uninstall Flash but it's acting like it's still installed.

Anyone have a clue what's going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

I still have the problem, yeah.

I managed to do the GPU Driver update after doing some windows updates (some of the "optional" updates, not major ones.)

I can't see how it's a issue with my hard drives. I'm now convinced it's a driver issue but where the fault lies it the mystery.

Even after getting everything updated, it's still there.
But it ONLY happens when I open a .SWF file in Flash player directly.
Opening a SWF Application program has no problem either.

EDIT:
Ok. Found the issue. Not sure why i

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To provide assistance, please provide follwoing:

• Operating system, including version
  • Flash Player version installed
  • IE and Firefox versions installed
  • What is 'Viewer'?
  • Exact steps to reproduce the behaviour being observed.

<edit: fixed typo>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7. 64 bit
Flash Player 11.2 r202 (which is odd because I actually uninstalled it but it's still opening files.)

Firefox 53.0.3 (32-bit)

And when I said IExplorer, I was mistaken. I didn't try it in IExplorer.
The option to open it in IE came up but I don't actually have it installed beyond the default program.

And by Viewer, I mean the regular Flash Player window that opens when you open a stand-alone .SWF file.

And that's pretty much the steps. I have a folder of stand-alone .Swf files that (normally) I click on them a they open in Flash Player.
But now, they still open, but my screen flickers as my screen shifts resolution.
It'll return back to normal once I close the window. But it's never done anything like this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The desktop app you're talking about has been referred to as the Content Projector or Stand-Alone Player over the years.  (We call it the standalone player internally)

If memory serves, Flash Player 11.2 was shipped around 2010.  It's so far removed from the product that we have in 2017 that who knows what's going on.  There are interdependencies between Flash, the Operating System, drivers and underlying multimedia subsystems, so making sure that you're running current drivers, Flash Player and you have all of the operating system patches installed is step one.  It might not fix the problem, but at least we can talk from the perspective of a meaningful baseline.

Also, we can't change your resolution directly, so more than likely, we're triggering an underlying driver bug, or your system is doing something clever.  Again, step one would be to see if a current version triggers the behavior, and step two would be to update your graphics drivers, if you haven't done so already.

You can pick up a current version of the Content Projector here:

Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've installed the new Flash version.
I reinstalled Java (because, apparently it uninstalled itself because of some update to Firefox?!?)

And I tried to update my Graphics drivers (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070) but keeps failing to update....

I'm not sure where to go from here. Maybe it's not really a issue with Flash afterall but it not, I'm totally lost.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the problem still reproduce with the latest version of the Content Projector?

Also, i'd start by rebooting for the GPU driver installation issue. 

If that doesn't help, doing a sanity check on the filesystem isn't a bad next step.  If your hard disk is on the way out, corrupted files and things are often an early symptom.  You may also want to consider backing up anything important first, just to protect against the possibility that putting the drive through it's paces is enough to kill it.

Check your hard disk for errors - Windows 7:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2641432

If you find and repair problems with the filesystem, then you might give the driver update utility another shot.  If it doesn't help, you might check out nVidia's support to see if they can help you troubleshoot the installation failure there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I still have the problem, yeah.

I managed to do the GPU Driver update after doing some windows updates (some of the "optional" updates, not major ones.)

I can't see how it's a issue with my hard drives. I'm now convinced it's a driver issue but where the fault lies it the mystery.

Even after getting everything updated, it's still there.
But it ONLY happens when I open a .SWF file in Flash player directly.
Opening a SWF Application program has no problem either.

EDIT:
Ok. Found the issue. Not sure why it did this but the problem was actually in one of my SWF Application programs.
It was one that has a programming Gliche it that's stopping it from running in windows and, in my efforts to fix it,
caused Flash do something funky with all my stand-alone SWFs.

No clue why it would of spread across all my SWF files like that though. It should of only affected that one program.

Sorry for blaming the program for my mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines