• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Opera browser updated and now I can't get flash player to install

Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2017 Nov 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My opera browser had an update and now that I have rebooted the computer the flash player does not work and I get a message that I need to install flash player when I go to facebook to play one of the games I get a message stating that I need to update/install Adobe Flash to enable my Flash Player Experience.

I have gone to the Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions and tried installing that version, but I still get the same message and if I go to  Flash Player Help to check to see if it is installed it says that it is not installed on my computer.  (it also states that I am running windows 8 but my system is windows 10 now).

I have followed the steps to make sure that it is enabled in Opera and that is not the problem.

I have gone to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions to download the player from there and do that install and it too has been unsuccessful. 

I have tried uninstalling and then installing the player multiple times.  I have used the uninstaller that I found at Uninstall Flash Player for Windows and then followed the steps there - but I was unable to delete all the files found in C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash so I renamed the folder to flash.old

I am not sure exactly what is meant for the next step  (am I supposed to delete those files / folders as well?)

Follow steps a, b, and c for the following:
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
%appdata%\Adobe\Flash Player
%appdata%\Macromedia\Flash Player

I have also followed the steps I found at https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2283833

I have also tried the download found at http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer.html

Download Adobe Flash Player 28 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

After uninstalling the program - both with the uninstaller or from control panel, I am rebooting the computer, then installing the download and the browser is not open while doing this.   I have then opened the browser and checked to see if it is installed by going back to Flash Player Help  and it still shows as not being installed.  I have then tried again but rebooting the computer after the install and then checking with the same results.  I have even disabled my anti-virus program during the install and that has not helped.

I have been trying for the past 3 hours to get the darn flash player to install and work with no luck at all.  It is showing as being installed in Control Panel     Programs and Features.    

I have tried the 3 different downloads

flashplayer27pp_fa_install

flashplayer27pp_hc_install

install_flash_player_ppapi

but nothing is working.  Below are the screen shots that may or may not help

flash not installed.JPG

opera settings for flash.JPG

programs and features.JPG

sys wow folder.JPG

sys32 macromed flash.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have installed the new firefox browser - Quantum and the flashplayer works fine with that as well as with chrome and the vivaldi browser too!   The only browser I am having an issue with is the Opera browser.  I do believe that the folks here at Adobe are correct when they stated that it has to be related to the browser itself - yet Opera is of no help at all with the issue which is sad.  I have no problems at all running Google Chrome, or any other browser --- just Opera.

I may try the work around that shahram-b suggested but if I am going to have to jump through those hoops every time I run ccleaner then it simply is not worth it.  I wish that Opera would acknowledge that there is an issue and address that issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it took me a little while to find the site-engagement link that was suggested.  Typing opera://site-engagement  actually got me to that site and I changed anything related to adobe and facebook to 100 and now the games on facebook will load.   I actually typed chrome://site-engagement which I ended up doing a copy and paste of from https://www.ghacks.net/2016/12/11/google-chrome-html5-roll-out-plan/  in order to get there.   I must have been doing the copy and paste incorrectly or I did it from the one where there were spaces and then did not belong.   I will have to see if there is some way to change a setting in ccleaner so that when it runs it does not remove the setting changes so that opera will work.   Thanks for the suggestion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2018 Jan 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG!!!  I have been working with the staff at Adobe for 2 days.  Nothing worked.  Went to the opera://site-engagement site and changed everything to 100....BAM!!!  Working again.   *bowing down* Thank you, thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In connection with Firefox I had the same problem that fixed easily in this sent going to Menu Ba>Tools>Add-ons and then in front of  shockwave Flash, the option of" Always Activate " must be chosen, and then the flash player will start working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2018 Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you !

[moderator: links to self-promoted and offensive content removed]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines