• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

out of date message from cdn.personlift.info

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, while looking at nytimes.com, sometimes the content disappears and a replacement window opens up from "cdn.personlift.info" and says the Safari flash player is out-of-date and has been blocked. I can't find anything about the site "cdn.personlift.info." Is this a real adobe site?

I do have a file called Flash Player.plugin that was created on May 10 of this year.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cdn.personlift.info is not an Adobe site.  I wasn't able to find much information on it.  CDN is a content delivery (or distribution) network.  Companies use these to host web content for them.  Do you have any unfamiliar search tool-bar or similar that was recently added to your browser?

"Flash Player.plugin", if saved at \Library\Internet Plug-Ins is most likely the official Flash Player plugin, most recently release was on May 9th, so if your's has a May 10 date it's most likely legitimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see anything unfamiliar in the search bar.   

"Flash Player.plugin" is saved at \Library\Internet Plug-Ins, so I'm probably okay,

I'll ignore the update request if I can't find out how to prevent it from coming in.

Thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a pop-up window prompting to update Flash Player, or does it just indicate Flash Player is out-of-date?  Please post a screenshot of the behaviour being observed (see How do I attach a screenshot?)

What version of Flash Player do you have installed?  Using Safari, go to Adobe - Flash Player . What is the version number reported in the Version Information widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screenshot is attached. The complete URL should be

oops, when I paste the complete url for cdn.personlift.info,

it looks like a url is pasted, but that quickly changes to Internet Speed in blue lettering.

Here it is:

Internet Speed

The line asking me to click to update drops down from the top two bars.

I just deleted my Flash Player.plugin, intending to download from adobe.com directly. So I can't give you the version number.

Screen Shot 2017-05-22 at 1.40.37 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  That notification is definitely not from Adobe.

I've forwarded the URL and the screenshot to the security team for follow-up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines