Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF with Audio track

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need to listen to audio tracks which are contained in a pdf-file. But since adobe flash player ist not anymore available I have no idea how it goes.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Flash Player is no longer available.  The creator of the PDF has had since 2017 to come up with an alternative solution.  You could ask in the Reader forum to see if anyone has suggestions.  I'm not sure what Acrobat/Reader does when playing an embedded audio file at this point, but they've done work to remove dependencies on Flash in anticipation of EOL.  If it's just a standard audio file (.mp3 or whatever), I imagine that current copies of Acrobat have native facilities for playback that don'

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your Acrobat Reader fully up to date? What version is it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is no longer available.  The creator of the PDF has had since 2017 to come up with an alternative solution.  You could ask in the Reader forum to see if anyone has suggestions.  I'm not sure what Acrobat/Reader does when playing an embedded audio file at this point, but they've done work to remove dependencies on Flash in anticipation of EOL.  If it's just a standard audio file (.mp3 or whatever), I imagine that current copies of Acrobat have native facilities for playback that don't rely on Flash.

If the document author embedded the audio as Flash content, that's definitely problematic.  Your enterprice could theoretically license a copy from our support partner HARMAN, but it's going to be far cheaper to have the author provide the content in a modern, usable format.  

There's more on the HARMAN option in our enterprise FAQ, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/enterprise-end-of-life.html

Here's the original Flash Player EOL announcement from 2017:

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PDF has had a native, embedded, Sound annotation since Acrobat 3. Though Adobe never released an authoring tool for it. I think it is going to be removed in PDF 2.0.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perhaps a Standalone Flash Player would help. You can find one here https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html The one that says Flash Player Projector is what I suspect you need. Im unsure here but I hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines