• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Permission Issue with 32.0.0.255 version kills our program.

New Here ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

problem on the latest version of player. We are servicing multiple academies in Korea and we are having a problem right now. The latest version of Flash 32.0.0.255 killed the calling of javascript that calls the activex. If we downgrade to 32.0.0.207 it will work. I assume that might be the permission has a problem. If i made the IE run as administrator it will be okay but those application we created that wrap IE on a much lower version does not get the chance to make its right to be elevated as administrtor thus the blocking. So we have no choice but to downgrade and we have a lot of centers right that are complaining. Our activex being called inside the web thru javascript is signed. And i guess it does not need to get elevated permission. Let me know.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2019 Sep 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try adding the following directive to your mms.cfg: 

EnableInsecureActiveXNavigateToURL=1

The System Administrator's guide has details on how to deploy mms.cfg: 

https://www.adobe.com/content/dam/acom/en/devnet/flashplayer/articles/flash_player_admin_guide/pdf/l...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no entry in the Adobe System Admin Guide listing "EnableInsecureActiveXNavigatetoURL" for MMS.CFG. What does this setting do, specifically? Based on the latest Adobe Dcocumentation, there is only one other setting that bears any similarity: EnableInsecureActiveXXMHTMLSupport, and the documentation recommends not enabling that setting, as it would make Flash Player vulnerabile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It should be on page 47 of the link above. But yeah, you're making a request that we're not going to allow moving forward. You'll need to update your content. In the meantime, you can deploy the flag as a workaround.  The goal should be to modify your application and wean yourself off the flag, but it's there to provide immediate pain relief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this with Flash player 32.0.0.255 32bits version for IE but not with the 64 bits version neither the peperflash 32 bits version. Settting EnableInsecureActiveXNavigateToURL=1 in mms.cfg file is a workaround. But I can't find any information about this parameter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seem that there is an other workaround using ExternalInterface and javascript function window.open: ExternalInterface.call("window.open", url, window);

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am curious because I have heard many academic places are still using Flash. What is your strategy for the end-of-life of Flash in 2020?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines