• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

personal rtmp server?

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What disadvantages do users of a personal rtmp server receive after the suspension of support?

In the case of private servers, I wonder if it is okay to continue to operate them. We also use rtmp method on broadcasting platforms such as youtube and twich, but I wonder if there is any problem in this case.

thank you for watch.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

@The5CC1  and  @JonathanArias,

The RTMP specification is a streaming protocol initially designed for the transmission of audio, video, and other data between a dedicated streaming server and the Adobe Flash Player. While once proprietary, RTMP is now an open specification.  

See this:

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guru ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry. how is this related to flash?

maybe you are in the wrong forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@The5CC1  and  @JonathanArias,

The RTMP specification is a streaming protocol initially designed for the transmission of audio, video, and other data between a dedicated streaming server and the Adobe Flash Player. While once proprietary, RTMP is now an open specification.  

See this:

Would you like me to move your question to a better forum -- like Air or Adobe Media Server?

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RTMP (and all of the related protocols -- RTMPE, RTMPS, RTMFP, RTMPT, etc.) are network protocols that pieces of software use to exchange data with each other.  There's no specific dependency on Flash Player.  It's just an agreed-upon way to format and pass around data, and as you've noted, there are non-adobe software packages that publish and consume RTMP. 

That said, I'd probably look at modern, web-native solutions first, unless I had a really compelling reason to do otherwise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines