• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PETITION: Adobe's practice of auto-checking 3rd party software installs with it's Flash Player updates

New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The fact that Adobe auto-checks the "install MaCaffe Bullware" is an ethically questionable practice. I understand that it is optional and I can un-check to prevent it from being installed, but I am coming to your updater to update Flash.  If you want to offer me something, make it clear AND make ME check the box to include it.  This sort of practice should be above a billionaire company like Adobe, its what I expect from predatory malware and adware applications.

Please respond with a message in agreement, and Adobe please count the number of replies here and on other threads and consider changing this practice.

UGH!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 30, 2018 Apr 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would consider this open until the issue is actually resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
May 06, 2018 May 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think you just install a fake flash player one day that made you think that the real guilty is Adobe, which is not.

I personally run flash since 20 years and never had any problem of this kind.

so my advice is be sure that your accusation are well founded.

btw, flash will cease to be a plugin in 2020 so no worry to install anything after this date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines