• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please bring it back!!

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know its a bit annoying but im begging you to bring it back. it reminds me my childhood and im so  sad that its over i thought 2021 we're a good year but it doesn't seems like. i played with this programm on spielaffe, miniclip, pog, a10 and more.. and now its done, can u please do something like a memory for flash player? like doing list for the games and a picture? i would be very happy to see it a last time. stay safe and have a nice day.

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there. Seems I keep needing to type the same answers. Wish I could just sticky an article.

Flash doesnt need adobe to work. As such there are many non adobe solutions. None of which are perfect but they can still be pretty good. Many of which are being improved.

Adobe isnt going to bring it back. They did this knowing full what they were doing. We are moving towards a world where nothing can be saved or controlled by the user in a way big teck doesnt like. Flash and other plugings are an obsticle to that. Even if Adobe brought it back all the major browsers will still collectively refuse to play it.

A browser that made a point to continue playing flash is called Puffin. Ive not tested it but supposedly it even works on mobile devices.

Here you can find an archive of listed games and animation flash that you can also contribute to or make requests for content to be added. https://bluemaxima.org/flashpoint/

If you go to a chan site you can likely find a flash / swf torrent. You can also find more archived swfs on the Internet Archive.

For the sites that intend to keep their flash files they will need to find a solution that works. That involves getting a new player. Ruffle.rs is a commonly used solution. Tell sites you like about it so they know there is hope and dont just purge all their swfs. What ruffle.rs does is takes a flash file and convets it into something else (webassembly I think) while the fileloads to play back the flash file perfectly as normal. This supposedly removes those old security issues with flash files that I never once had an issue with. It might also extend flash playability to mobile devices.

If you wish to play flash on a site that isnt removing their files or updating the way things are played such as https://vinnieveritas.com/ I suggest you find some kind of flash player that will let your browser play flash. For the chrome browser ive had success with SuperNova SWF Enabler.

You can also get some form of offline Standalone SWF / Flash Player to play working saved .swf files you have provided they wont need internet connection. Different players have different quirks but a good one can play most files more or less as originally intended.

The official standalone flash player can be found here. https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html Download and install Flash Player projector. Then load any swf with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines