• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please help on Flash Player

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest version downloads just fine, yet when I double-click, or try to run it from the command line nothing happens. I desperately need the Flash Player to do other things, including to find new work until I can afford a new computer.  I have a laptop with Vista.  Thank you so much if you can help!

Kind regards,

Timothy Smith

[moderator: deleted PII as per Email signatures and personal information policy]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Since you are using Windows Vista, the installer is being blocked by the OS. You can unblock it by right-clicking the installer and going to "Properties > General > Advanced" and select the "Unblock" option. If you try installation after that it will work as expected.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi timothys36118733

To confirm, does the installer launch at all, or not?  If it does launch, does it launch blank?

What Service Pack, if any do you have installed on your Windows Vista system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for getting back to me.  The file goes into my downloads folder.  When I left click,  a little circle appears for a second or two, and then nothing.  It does not launch.

It's Service Pack I.

-Tim

[moderator: deleted PII as per Email signatures and personal information policy]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which installer file are you using?  The online/web installer, or the offline/full installer?  Posting the name of the file will tell me which one you are using.

<edit>

The installer is failing to launch because Vista SP1 lacks support for sha2 digital certificates, which the installers use.  You'd need to update to at least Vista SP2, which does support sha256 digital certificates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines