• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PLEASE Help with Flash Player in Microsoft Edge for Windows 10

New Here ,
Oct 09, 2019 Oct 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, hope you are well. I have Adobe Flash player ENABLED in Microsoft Edge for Windows 10, yet when I check on the Adobe website, it tells me that Flash player is disabled. I do not understand why. Additionally, when I go to a website I need to access for school, it gives me an error message saying I need to "upgrade" Flash player. When I go to the Adobe site to check for upgrades, it just tells me that Flash player is already integrated with Windows 10 and that I am up to date.

Can someone please help me figure out what I need to do to get Flash player to work? I really need to access my school work. I am not sure why the website is telling me to upgrade when I can not upgrade. I am not sure why Adobe is telling me my flash player in disabled, when it is enabled. Furthermore, there is that icon on the troubleshooting page with clouds moving. I can see the clouds moving on the image which means that Flash is working, but then when I click the "Test Flash Player" it says Flash is disabled. How can Flash be disabled if I am seeing the icon images moving on the Adobe page?

I have attached for references of the error messages and of the things I referenced in this post. You can also see in the final image that I have Flash player turned ON in my browser settings. 

Please help and many thanks in advance!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Check out the instructions on enabling Flash in your browser: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

I don't recall off the top of my head if Edge remembers your choice to enable Flash between browsing sessions.  It's quite possible that you need to do that EVERY time you start the browser now. 

Background here: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

It's also the case that every browser has a slightly different approach to how they block Flash, and every website has some mechan

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! same thing is happening to me when trying to access to some courses from university, only difference is that I use Chrome, but I have also been through all the steps from the Flash Player Help website but nothing helps 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2019 Oct 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check out the instructions on enabling Flash in your browser: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

I don't recall off the top of my head if Edge remembers your choice to enable Flash between browsing sessions.  It's quite possible that you need to do that EVERY time you start the browser now. 

Background here: https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

It's also the case that every browser has a slightly different approach to how they block Flash, and every website has some mechanism that detects it.  The reality is that you might have to experiment with the available browsers to find a combination of OS/browser/website that works, and this situation is likely to deteriorate as we progress towards the end-of-life for Flash in 2020 and browsers continue to increase the friction required to keep Flash running.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2019 Oct 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This fix isn't working for Facebook Gameroom. I've done all the steps suggested and still get the error message "need to run adobe flash player" when trying to access my games. It won't let me play the games in Facebook Gameroom as of yesterday. Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated as these games are my only source of entertainment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines