Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please STOP bundling McAfee with your Flash Player Update

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2010 Jun 24, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many of us I.T. types for one reason or another have choosen

NOT to use McAfee in place of other (IMO better) products.  The McAfee scan product that you have bundled in

with your flash player updates install and leave files that interfere with the automatic updates for

Kaspersky.  After the Flash Product installes, I am then stuck visiting that machine in person running a special McAfee uninstall utility to remove McAfee even though it does NOT show up in the add/remove programs area of the control panel.  The flash updates do allow you to choose if you want McAfee installed, but unfortionatly, the default is to have that option checked.  For most unsuspecting corporate users, they don't see, care, or understand the impact of leaving that check box checked.  Please stop including that as part of the install.  For us corporate types trying to keep hundreds of computers working smoothly, we certainly don't need the automated headaches that McAfee brings with.

Regards

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the help Vargas but this method would not work.  I finally had to go into the drive to find the special uninstall file in the program files but guess what..... after I ran the uninstall, True Key is still there!  My productivity at work plummets every time I update Adobe.  I have to spend time I could be getting work done trying to chase down and uninstall all the programs I never wanted in the first place.  You folks at Adobe are clearly paying attention to the forums.  Please listen to those who use your products and stop pushing this crap software on us.  If I wanted McAfee or True Key I would find them and download them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2016 Oct 21, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree completely with those that say Adobe should stop bundling additional software with their products.  If we wanted these additional products we can download them ourselves without having am forced upon us by an already unpleasantly frequent number of updates to the basic Adobe Systems.

If there is somebody from Adobe that is listening or watching this discussion, please would then explain why they are bundling this software.  The overwhelming view of this forum is that it is not wanted and the they should stop this unwelcome practice straight away.

In every case of bundled software that Adobe has tried to install on my computer, I have already made the decision not to use that package.  What on earth makes Adobe think that I will change my mind just because they are bundling the software with Adobe Systems.

Out of interest, does anybody know an alternative to Adobe reader that I can install as a plug in to my browsers.  That would allow me to uninstall all my Adobe Software for once and for all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 10, 2016 Nov 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Been using this crapware for years and am simply put off with adobe flash now , with that junk they call antivirus and the antics they are trying to pull. i just uninstalled it off  the rest of my familys pc cause they get taken in by ADOBE needs updating and i have to remove that chit from there pc's and mine. Google chrome and silver light is what am using now and silver light requires you to uncheck the box and guess what ? when uncheck it it does not install other programs to mess with my/family pc's. You have lost me and my family members from using this bloated cr@p. i install alot of os installs for my friends and there friends and advising them to move to chrome and silver light. not looking back at adobe cause they appear to be a dien company that has to resort to adding  3rd party crap that NO ONE WANTS. best part is i don't need to update every freaking week.

Cheers i would say i had a blast but I would be lien annoyed and pizzed off more likely

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines