• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Please stop trying to sneak in a McAfee Installation time there is an update!

Explorer ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been a Creative Cloud subscriber since the start of the subscription plan, and I have been quite happy with Adobe except for this one thing.  Please stop trying to sneak in an installation of McAfee Anti-Virus every time there is a Flash Player update.  It is extremely frustrating because numerous times, when I have been in a hurry, I have not un-checked the McAfee installation box, and after discovering that McAfee has been installed and wreaks havoc with my installed anti-virus software, I am forced to go through numerous steps to restore my system to the way it was before.  PLEASE make the Flash Player installation default as "unchecked" for McAffee.  It is a continuing source of frustration in an otherwise "friendly" Adobe environment.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Thanks for the feedback.

As an alternate option, selecting 'Allow Adobe to install updates' updates Flash Player silently in the background within 24 hours of a new version being available (assuming an active internet connection), and updates all non-embedded versions of Flash Player installed on the system.  Where as, the Update Notification system, notifies an update is available 7 days after it has been released, and ONLY the version that checked for the update is updated, leaving any other no

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, my advice is don't be hurry when you update Flash, just take your time and uncheck the box.

it's not a big deal to do that, and btw I guess Adobe has some contract with Mc Afee and they have to do as expected

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback.

As an alternate option, selecting 'Allow Adobe to install updates' updates Flash Player silently in the background within 24 hours of a new version being available (assuming an active internet connection), and updates all non-embedded versions of Flash Player installed on the system.  Where as, the Update Notification system, notifies an update is available 7 days after it has been released, and ONLY the version that checked for the update is updated, leaving any other non-embedded version not updated.

Background Updates does NOT install any third party software - just Flash Player.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it should NOT be checked by default. It's fine for low budget or start-up software providers but it's cheap and misleading from someone as large and prestigous as Adobe. As well, McAfee is currently bloatware and below the standards of even some free AVs (careful who you get in bed with even if they pay you! Remember AT&T and Yahoo?!). The responses given are fine for individual users but in a domain based, locked down network that default checkbox is the difference between Flash being a user installed update or scheduled, deliberate technician installed update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in a domain based, locked down network that default checkbox is the difference between Flash being a user installed update or scheduled, deliberate technician installed update.

In this case, it is recommended to obtain a Flash Player distribution license to distribute Flash Player within an organization without having users, or technicians, go to the public non-enterprise distribution, https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer download page.  Flash Player distribution is free for the vast majority of use cases.  See Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe​ and Flash Player Administrator's Guide for more information.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last night I was advised by our government broadcasting service to update my Flash Player. This time there WASN'T EVEN A BOX TO UNCHECK the damn McAfee!

I had to go straight to my Control Panel and uninstall it - a nuisance & waste of my time.

DOES ANYONE AT ADOBE ACTUALLY READ OUR COMPLAINTS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I concur.  It's what I came here to say. 

Even John McAfee says its crap. It's the same or worse than most viruses as far as rendering my processor non-functional for hours and hours. I lose a little respect for Adobe every time I update Flash Player due to this specifically.  If Adobe feels they must provide security software, how about stepping it up a bit and providing ESET NOD (or something that works)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The default Mcaffee checkbox should be unchecked by default at the very least. With how ridiculously frequent the updates are for Adobe and the checkbox automatically being checked every time regardless of repeatedly unchecking it, its as if they are really trying to get people to install things they dont want. Sometimes I wonder if the "updates" are just an excuse to put that checkmark back in the Mcaffee install box more then actual updates.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2020 Nov 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This should be illegal, it took me like 1 hr to uninstall, I did not setup a password, and it kept asking for one.

Nothing worked, but in the end, I found "c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\x86\frminst.exe" /forceuninstall did the trick.

But both companies suck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines