• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Popup when launching Safari

Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From time to time I get a popup on entering Safari browser 10.1.2 on a MacBook Air 10.10.5.

Don't know if related but this happened within a week of my installing Flash Player PPAPI Plug-in version 30.0.0.154 -- by clicking in SystemPreferences>FlashPlayer> install now, which took me to

the Flash Player website.  I did this a little differently than in the past: at the end of the installation

the last panel says "finish", which I have in the past clicked and then gone to downloads and double

click to the installation.  This time I  went to the downloads and double clicked, and the panel that

said 'finish' did not reappear to click that tab.

The popup that appears from time to time has at the top of it 'Join ______" (with my modem SSID number

next to it).  The apple icon is a white apple in the horizontal menu under this followed by: MAC  iPad  iPhone

.. TV New Support  a search icon and the icon for shopping.   Then appears the message: "The page you're looking for can't be found".   (I very large dark font)  {this is different color and size font that I have otherwise

seen for this message before, and it otherwise only appears when trying to visit a website and never

at the opening of Safari alone}   Under this message is a search box with that magnifying glass icon and

"Search apple.com" written in the box.   Then this very large pop-up says: "or see our site" and gives the

address:  https://apple.com/Ooktq3s55/prop47u3c.html

I am feeling frozen to click or explore any of it.  I click the 'cancel' tab in the lower right hand corner or the

red button at the upper left hand corner to close the window, and it closes -- but then appears again on entering Safari on another daily, perhaps every third day (which is to say not every time I enter Safari).

Unless I close or cancel this popup anything else is behind it: Sys Pref screens ,etc.

Is there a notice of this scam happening that I can read about?  What to do? (Please don't ask for a screenshot-

never done one before and trying something new at the same time as fearing the consequences of this as a

scam is too much for me right now.)

Thank you for your time and consideration.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

duplicate of Is this a scam?

locking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines