• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with games requiring Flash

New Here ,
Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 7, Mozilla Firefox and Adobe Flash Player version 28.0.0.161.

I have a few games on my computer that require Flash Player to work properly and even though I have it, they don't work. One of the games says that I need to install Flash Player version 8 or higher. I have the up-to-date version, but it keeps saying the same thing. One of my games I was able to play for some time, but at one point it freezed and didn't let me progress. I found out that other people had the same problem and it seemed to be because of Flash. Apparently I had also missed some cutscenes, because Flash didn't play them. The third game I was able to play normally, but it didn't show me any cutscenes.

I investigated the game files and found the cutscenes, that were SWF-files. Flash works normally on my browser, so I was able to play SWF-files there. I also downloaded the Flash Player Projector. The SWF-files play there too and I set the files to play there by default, but the games still don't work.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling Flash, restarting my computer and setting the game folders as trusted locations in advanced settings. Nothing works. Any idea where the problem is or what I should do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Feb 22, 2018 Feb 22, 2018

I found the solution! Apparently the game I play checks if Internet Explorer has Flash Player (I don't know why?). I installed Flash Player using IE, and know eveything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very possible that your issue comes from simply how these games have been programmed unfortunately.

Some programmers just don't focus their code on a long term efficiency and compatibility, some do correctly though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the solution! Apparently the game I play checks if Internet Explorer has Flash Player (I don't know why?). I installed Flash Player using IE, and know eveything works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

glad it works for you now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have flash on my laptope but no matter what i do every game i try to open online it look like flash is letting the game run but then it say to allow flash to run on this website but i already have done that pleas help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2018 May 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines