Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems deploying Flash

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Browser: IE11 and Chrome

I work for a large company that supports 150,000 PCs. We silently install flash v30.0.0.154 so that it can be deployed via SCCM. At one location, the install consistently fails. After troubleshooting, this is what we've gathered:

Even though We have it scripted up to uninstall all previous versions, including using the uninstall flash cleaner, when the new version tries to install, it is still looking for an older version of flash to proceed with installing. The version it looks for varies from PC to PC, depending on what was installed on it previously. So far we have identified v11, v12, v17, v18, v21, and v23. If we manually try to install it, it gives a popup looking for the original MSI. This is also what is shows in the log files, that it cannot proceed since it cannot find the original installer for the older version. we can manually re-direct it to a copy of the relevant MSI installer (which we still have on hand), and v30 will proceed to install correctly.

The issue is that when you are talking about possibly 1000 PCs, having to do this manually is not an answer that our directors are happy with. I'm looking for a way to resolve this silently, either via script or silent install switches.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A copy of the Flash Player installer log from an affected machine would probably be helpful in giving you a recommendation.  Feel free to PM me if you don't want to share it externally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines