• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems installing Adobe Flash Player on Windows 10

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2018 Jun 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having problems installing Flash Player on my Windows 10 Laptop. This issue is that half way through the install I am asked to close down Crome, my browser. I do so but still the software thinks chrome is running on my PC. Anyone have any ideas why this is? I have tried a number of times using either Firefox or Chromium versions. Neith works. Any help would be gratefully accepted as I need to install Flask Player for other software to run.I am trying to upload and view property videos from a real estate website. See link below.

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved... you don't ask Flash questions in the Reader forum... Mod]

[Link removed due to spam report]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 04, 2018 Jun 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It sounds like a some other process is identifying itself as Chrome and preventing the installation.  Repeat the process and when you're prompted to close Chrome, open Task Manager, look for entries labeled Chrome and terminate them.  This should enable the installation to proceed.

If you're using Chrome browser itself, Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and there is no need to install Flash Player separately, however, Google does disable Flash Player by default, forcing users to enable it.  If this is the case, see Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help for troubleshooting steps to enable Flash in Chrome.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

Thanks but it is not this. Nothing else is running when I get the message. I googled it and it is a common problem with  Adobe not working. Some suggested it is to do with permissions, firewalls antivirus issues.

I tried adding Flash Player as an extension too for what it worth but that does not work. I get the issue with  photopeach too.

I working in IT for 40 years Back then we made sure software works before releasing it. Theses days it seems "testing" is a dirty word. Companies dont invest time in it and simply release software and get end client to test it out! Not impressed.

Thanks for you reply but no that was not the issue. I had actually checked that myself before posting this.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is tested extensively prior to release with thousands of tests run across the various supported platforms and browsers.

Normally, when a user is prompted to close the browser, it's because the user is attempting to install the same version of Flash Player that is already installed on the system and an application is using the plugin.  Thus, closing the app is required to replace the files in use.  This is not a requirement during an upgrade scenario

I tried adding Flash Player as an extension too for what it worth but that does not work.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

Can you provide the installation log files to troubleshoot further?

The files are:

• Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  • 32-bit OS: FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS:
    • FlashInstall32.log saved at C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash
    • FlashInstall64.log saved at C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash

Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to log in, and post the link to the uploaded files in you reply.

<edit>

Can you also post a screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab?

• Go to Control Panel > All Control Panel Items > Flash Player
    • If the item is not visible, select to view by Small icons.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

Well it clearly was not tested enough was it.

I meant I tried adding flash player as a chrome extension. It showed up on the browser and I enabled it for the website but still the website complains that Flash Player is not there.

I guess it could be the website which is at fault. Am too busy to do all the data collection just now. May or may not do it later. I have spent too much time helping companies debugging their software and to date have not been paid a cent.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the link to the content that is not working?

If you've enabled Flash in the browser, and it's still not loading, it's most likely either the content not coded correctly to the browser's requirements, or the browser itself is blocking Flash.

In Chrome, you can try adding the following to the list of exceptions in chrome://settings/content/flash:

https://*

http://*

example:

and reload the browser.  This has been known to work on some sites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 29, 2018 Aug 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi John,

I have the same issue.. did you manage to solve it?

thanks,

Lorenzo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2018 Oct 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the long delay in snswering. Yes, I finally solved the issue. I used the tried ans tested "return to base camp and start over" method. There must have been some software conflict somewhere but I got over it and now it is working. I have worked in software for decades so have experience of fixing bugs. What I dont like is software which does not give you a clue of why it is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

I also checked and the settings allow flash to run on that site. So not that either.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Identical problem but with FIre Fox 63.0

When I've attempted to install Flash, it downloads, asks me to close Mozilla, then click Continue, but when I hit Continue nothing happens.

Shockwave does show up in Extension list but when I try to view a video, such as on Fox Sports, it says Flash not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 23, 2018 Oct 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share FlashInstall and Adobe ADM log file from the machine. To get the location of log file refers to Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? page. Once you have the logs, upload/share the same by following steps mentioned on How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud link. Paste the URL to the uploaded files here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Flash Player is successfully installed you should see something like this in about:plugins:

(note: version 31.0.0.122 is the most recent version)

If you do see the Shockwave Flash entry, and you're being prompted to install Flash on a website that has Flash, it's possible Firefox has blocked Flash (which they do, and force users to enable Flash, usually on a per-site basis).  Please see Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.  If you've enabled Flash, it's possible it's a Flash detection issue on the page you're attempting to view Flash on.  Please provide a direct link to the content that isn't playing.

If you don't see Shockwave Flash in about:plugins, please provide the installation log files requested by my colleague

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines