Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems with FP

New Here ,
Jun 11, 2011 Jun 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am finding FP a big pain in neck. I have a Dell Inspiron 530S Desktop Intel Core 2 Duo 2.53 GHZ, 4 G Ram, Win Vista Home 64 Bit SP1, IE 10.0 + 32 bit,

I kept getting prompted to install FP 10.0 + on every re-boot and think I finally got it. (problem there my monitor-the dialog box with check box to ok agreement was so dark on my monitor couldn't see it-but finally hit it and it said it was installed.. But I don't see it listed under the All Programs menu but it shows under the Control Panel under programs. So questions:

1. How do I know FP 10+ is installed and is installed correctly and working?

Also:. But I keep getting a I suppose IE prompt every time I open a new web page telling me that that website want to run Adobe Flash Player. I doubt that every site is trying to do that but suspect is Adobe acting up. So question

2. What would be causing this? Esp if FP is installed correctly?

3. How to get this to stop popping up and interfering?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks, blessings

Van

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jun 11, 2011 Jun 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Yes that agreement box is hard to see. Using IE, go to Tools, Manage add ons under "show" look for Shockwave Flash Object and make sure it's Enabled. It sounds like it may be disabled, so check that.

Flash Player wouldn't be in the Program Files, but would be listed in Add/Remove or Programs & Features.

What version of IE do you have Installed? 

Let me know.

Thanks,

eidnolb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2011 Jun 12, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ArielMalek wrote:

IE 10.0 + 32 bit

I wonder where you found IE10...?

Anyway, to check if FP is installed correctly, go to http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ - if you see the rotating red 'R', then Flash Player is installed and working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines