• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

problems with installation and uninstallation of Flash Player

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I tried to update Flash Player, but when I ran the installation file, it came to the point where installation process was 90% complete - then stopped for quite a long time, and then said that installation was unsuccessful.

So I decided to uninstall FP. Doing it from the Windows Control Panel proved impossible so I used IObitUninstaller. Yes, probably I should have used Adobe uninstaller for Flash, but I didn't think of it. IObit uninstalled Flash Player, but not completely - when I checked at you webpage, it showed that I still have on my computer 31.0.0 version of Flash Player. And installing it failed again - in the same way as described above with a halt at 90% completion.

Then I tried using your uninstaller, but it didn't work: I clicked "yes" to allow it to run and then just nothing happened. So I deleted all the files you list here: Odinstalowanie programu Flash Player dla systemu Windows and then your page showed that I don't have Flash on my computer any more. However, the installation halted at 90% again, and then I noticed that somehow this uninstaller was still running, because when I tried deleting the file fpb.tmp from windows/sysWOW64/Macromed/Temp/{something}, it said it's impossible, because Adobe® Flash® Player Installer/Uninstaller 31.0 r0 was using it.

When I restarted the computer the uninstaller was stopped - and I was able to delete fpb.tmp. But the problems described above still persisted: your uninstaller doesn't work (also with the files from windows macromedia folders restored from the bin), installation fails.

I'm using Windows 7 Professional and Firefox 62.0.3.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 05, 2018 Oct 05, 2018

Its possible IObit Uninstaller messed something up.  The files are clearly there, as per your screenshot, and the browser is loading the plugin, but now the entry is missing from the Control Panel.

I'm also not familiar with the uninstaller not running, as you mentioned.  Usually, clicking the 'uninstall' button results in the uninstaller running, whether or not Flash Player is installed.  Perhaps try launching it as Admin:

1. Right-click on the Uninstaller file
  2. Select Run as administrator
  3. In the User

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the detailed write-up.

windows/sysWOW64/Macromed/Temp/ is a temp location used by Flash Player during installation. Since the installation was hung, these files were in use and, therefore, unable to be deleted.

Please try the following:

1. restart your computer
  2. make sure no programs that use Flash Player are running
  3. run the Flash Player uninstaller
  4. Go to Windows/System32/Macromed/Flash - all files, except for FlashInstall64.log, should be removed.
    1. If not, take a screenshot of the directory showing the files still present and post it in your reply
  5. Go to Windows SysWOW64/Macromed/Flash - all files, except for FlashInstall32.log, should be removed.
    1. If not, take a screenshot of the directory showing the files still present and post it in your reply
  6. Try to install Flash Player again

If installation fails again, provide the following files:

• FlashInstall32.log
    • FlashInstall64.log
    • Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log saved at C:\Users\<YourUserID>\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs
  1. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud or some other file sharing service of your choice that doesn't require user account to access
    1. Do not attach files to an email reply, the forums software does not accept email attachments
    2. Do not post the files you reply
  2. Post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer, but just as before Flash Player uninstaller didn't work. Yes, I restarted the computer and no other programs were running. I ran the uninstaller - and simply nothing happened. No sign of the uninstaller doing anything.

I post the screens from the folders you asked.

flash system32.PNG

flash syswow64.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The uninstaller behaviour you describe is odd.  Please provide the FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log files so I can review them. Upload the files to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

According to the screenshot, you have version 31.0.0.108 installed.  This is the most recent version available. 

Firefox does block Flash by default.  What happens when you go to a Flash site (e.g. https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html or https://homestarrunner.com/​) and attempt to view Flash content, after enabling Flash in the browser (see Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help​)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's surprising but when I turn on Flash Player it does work! Even though it's not on the list of installed programs in the Control Panel or in IObit uninstaller. But it is on the list of Firefox addons.

The problems started yesterday when I was trying to play Conceptis Puzzles, which use Flash Player, and Firefox stopped responding and I had to restart it. So I tried updating Flash Player and had all these problems I described above. But now the puzzles page works ok!

The link to logs is here: Adobe Document Cloud

It would be good not only to have the program working (as it is at the moment at least) but also to be able to uninstall or update it if needed. So I'll be grateful for help in this respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no uninstallation attempt in the log file.  The last entry is the 31.0.0.108 installation on 9/13, which shows a successful installation. 

Since the files are in the */Macromed/Flash directory, there should be an entry in the Control Panel > Programs and Features.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, there's no entry in the Control Panel:

control.PNG

It used to be there below Acrobat Reader, but it disappeared yesterday after unistallation by IObit Uninstaller. And I did try several times to uninstall and install Flash Player yesterday and today as described above. I don't know why it isn't in the log. But now I cannot do anything with the program since it isn't visible by windows and IObit - only by Firefox. It works now but I'm afraid that it may cause further issues that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its possible IObit Uninstaller messed something up.  The files are clearly there, as per your screenshot, and the browser is loading the plugin, but now the entry is missing from the Control Panel.

I'm also not familiar with the uninstaller not running, as you mentioned.  Usually, clicking the 'uninstall' button results in the uninstaller running, whether or not Flash Player is installed.  Perhaps try launching it as Admin:

1. Right-click on the Uninstaller file
  2. Select Run as administrator
  3. In the User Access Control security window, click Yes
  4. then click UNINSTALL button

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! This time it worked - I uninstalled Flash Player, then installed it again, and it's visible in Control Panel, works, and it seems that everything is ok.

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad you were able to resolve the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines