Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prompt request to enable flash on chrome is not poping up

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I have a webpage  (http://ianiselli.com.ar/)  that has an animated flash gallery on it's homepage.

By default, google chrome does not let this page enable the flash plugin, so the gallery doesn't show.

Not only this happens, but also there is no prompt from the webpage requesting the user to enable flash, and the gallery completely disappear when flash is not enabled, so there's not even an error message saying that you need to enable flash to see the gallery.

What do I need to do on the page so that it requests the user to enable flash with the google chrome prompt?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Browser , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please step 1 of Adobe Flash isn't working - Google Chrome Help  to enable Flash in Chrome.

The behaviour (e.g. whether or not the pop-up displays) depends on how the content developer coded their site, as Flash detection is performed by the content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that. I am the developer of the webpage and i would like to know how to make the prompt show up. Once you manually enable flash everything is fine, but nobody will turn it on if there is no prompt or apparent flash item.

Is there any line of code I should add?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, I misinterpreted your original post.  Google has a recommendation for displaying the pop-up in their Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2018 Feb 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you able to solve for this pop up to allow Flash content?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those of us who are not website developers - or computer gurus of any shape or form - how do I stop the "xxx...com wants to run Flash" popup every time I log into a page?  I play quite a few worlds of Forge of Empires, this has only started since the new Google update and it is driving me slightly batty.  I just want to run Flash without it asking me every single blasted time....  and I need the response in the format of an idiot's guide to fixing it, because when it comes to website stuff, I admit it.  I'm an idiot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2018 Sep 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a browser issue and nothing to do with Flash Player.

With the release of Chrome 69, Google makes it more difficult to enable Flash and keep it enabled.  Now, when a user allows Flash on a specific site, the 'allow' only remains until the browser is closed.  See Refer to Google's Flash roadmap here, Flash Roadmap - The Chromium Projects , specifically section 2.2: for more information

For assistance with enabling Flash in Chrome, see Google tech note Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

I just want to run Flash without it asking me every single blasted time....

You're welcome to provide your feedback to Google at Google Groups

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines