• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

query re. the latest version compatible with an older configuration of software

New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish to know a few things that will allow me to get an older MacBook set up with Flash Player's most recent version that is compatible with that MacBook's operating-system version and with the versions of Firefox and of Safari that it has.  (The versions of these three are respectively 10.6.8, 48.0.2, and 5.1.10.)  Also, before putting onto it the version of FlashPlayer that turns out to be the last it can use with that specific combination of software, I would like to remove any traces of other version of FlashPlayer that might be on it, to avoid conceivable conflict, so I hope the someone can help me not only to get correct version of FlashPlayer for my purpose, but also to an uninstaller that will work in this situation.  🙂

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 18, 2017 Dec 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Follow the instructions here How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X  to complete remove Flash Player from you system.

OS X 10.6, Firefox 48.02 and Safari 5.1.10 are no longer supported, however, Flash Player will install, but you'll need to download it from the alternate download page:

1. go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
  2. In step 1, select Mac OS X 10.6 - 10.13
  3. In step 2, select FP 28 Mac for Safari and Firefox - NPAPI
  4. Click the Download now button in the lower right to download the installer to your system

Since you operating system and browser versions are no longer supported, we no longer develop for them, nor test on those versions.  As such, there is no guarantee as to how Flash Player will perform on your system.  If you encounter issues, most likely they will not be fixed unless they are reproducible on currently supported platforms (see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player for current supported platforms).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines