• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question onFlash

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2018 Jun 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i open a tab in my evony war game everything works well but when i open a 2nd tab the first one closes - whys that - for years i could have as many tabs open as i wished yet 2 day ago this problem occured

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to provide assistance, please provide the following information

• Operating system version
  • Web browser and version
  • Flash Player version
  • Explain your problem in step-by-step detail if possible
  • A direct link to a web page that demonstrates the problem
  • If you get error messages, please provide a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria and thank you for responding to my problem.

my browser is google chrome and the flash player is installed automatically by them with auto update so its the latest flash available. That said the same problem i have outlined below also occurs on Firefox - i am convinced it is a problem with Flash and because i have never had a problem before I am strongly in favour of a recent flash update that is causing my problems.

Generally speaking my computer is working well but when i play a war game known as evony ( when flash is required ) it is the only time i am now experiencing problems. I have played evony for some 7 years with no problems at all but in the past couple of days my problem is this ( excluding evony I can open as many tabs as I like such as sky news,e-mails, city Forex etc and they all stay open regardless of the number of times that i switch from one tab to another )

1) In the evony war game it is common for players to have more than 1 account so account No 1 you are playing is lets say Lord A in account 2 you are playing as Lord 2 etc etc .I only have 7 accounts but some players have hundreds. 

2) When i wish to play I put in the user name and p/w of the account i wish to play and the game comes up and a tab appears which is in relation to that game - at this point everything is working perfectly normally and i can play the game as designed.

3) if whilst the first Lord is still playing I wish to open a 2nd acc ( Lord b ) then i can and a 2nd tab appears and i can play that game in lord b as normal BUT by opening Lord b ,Lord A game stops working - the tab is still there but the game is dead/frozen.

4) If I open a third tab for a third lord/game then the 2nd one will stop - etc etc if i then refresh tab 1 it will start to work but tabs 2 and 3 are now dead - in other words i can only play on 1 tab/account at a time

I have set the capacity of flash to max but it makes no difference.

It is not an evony problem - no one else playing has this problem  - just unlucky me

I have been advised by an IT guy to get rid of my current version of Flash and reinstall an older version but i am not convinced this is the way forward since i would expect the latest version/updates of flash to be an improvement over older versions and not for it to create these sort of problems so your assistance in resolving my problem would be well received.

Thank you in anticipation of your help

Kind Regards

CLIVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Clive,

Thank you for the detailed reply. 

What operating system is this on?

The most recent version of Flash Player, 27.0.0.171, was released on May 8...almost 1 month ago.  You indicate this behaviour started within the last several days.  While it's possible this is Flash related, one would assume it would have started sooner than a few days ago.  Looking at the Chrome release schedule (Chrome Platform Status ), the most recent version of Chrome was released a week ago.  And the most recent version of Firefox was released May 9 (Firefox Release Calendar - MozillaWiki​)

You can certainly try installing the previous version of Flash Player (29.0.0.140) to see if there is a difference in behaviour.  Previous versions are posted at Archived Adobe Flash Player versions​.  Here's the link for Flash Player 29.0.0.140​.  It's a fairly large zip file.  After you download the file, uncompress it and navigate into the folder '29_0_r0_140'.  Within this folder, you'll want the following two installers:

• PPAPI for Chrome: flashplayer29_0r0_140_winpep.exe
  • NPAPI for Firefox: flashplayer29_0r0_140_win.exe

Since Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome it always launches the most recent version, and, you'll need to replace the embedded version with the version you installed to ensure it launches the previous version, instead of the latest version. To use a previous version of Flash, do the following (this is for Windows, if you have Mac, I can provide Mac instructions):

1. Launch Chrome and navigate to chrome://flash
  2. Locate the Flash Plugin path (e.g. C:\Users\labuser\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\29.0.0.171\pepflashplayer.dll)
  3. Close Chrome
  4. Launch File Explorer and navigate to the directory containing the pepflashplayer.dll
  5. Rename pepflashplayer.dll to something like pepflashplayer_29.0.0.170.dll
  6. Go to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash, copy pepflashplayer64_29_0_0_140.dll and paste it into the Flash Plugin path (from step 2 above)
    • This is for 64-bit OS, if you have 32-bit OS, it would be pepflashplaye32_29_0_0_140.dll
  7. Rename the file from pepflashplayer_29.0.0.170.dll to pepflashplayer.dll
  8. Launch Chrome

If you go back to chrome://flash it'll continue to report as 29.0.0.171, but if you go to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html and click the Check Now button it'll report 29.0.0.140 (you may need to enable Flash on this site), or if you right-click on Flash content it'll also report 29.0.01.40

To revert to the latest version of Flash, delete the file you copied in step 6, then undo step 5.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gee Maria - what you have told me to me to do sounds absolutely brilliant but as a senior citizen and therefore not computer savvy its all gone straight over my head. The system is windows 8.1 and I only downloaded Firefox to see if my problem persisted using a different browser ( which it does ) so i will be deleting Firefox so that reduces on the workload to correct things a bit. 

I'm not sure how i can proceed from here but i do know you have been great for which I extend my sincerest gratitude.

Do Adobe ( as McAfee recently did for me when their true key system disappeared and yes it was at the same time when this problem with flash occurred ) authorise you to take my computer over by remote control to do what needs to be done ?

Kind regards CLIVE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide direct technical support for free products.  The staff that monitor and respond to questions in these user-to-user forums do so as a courtesy, as we have time.  Providing direct support is beyond the scope of what we're prepared to do here.

If you need hands-on support, we'd recommend that you enlist a technician from a local repair service or computer shop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2018 Jun 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromiec - yes i take your point that when a company provides a free product then it should remain the users responsibility to maintain it BUT when that free product actually does harm to the user then i think it is right and proper that you should put right what you made wrong - but i am standing up for the little guy of course whereas you are supporting your employer.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend what little cash i have to remedy your bad but there again its not a fair world is it.

Regards CLIVE

Villa Platani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, there's no harm here.  At most, you're inconvenienced.  Flash allows you to play a video game that you enjoy.  You're not able to play it in two tabs.  That's sub-optimal, and we've been trying to help.

We've been very generous in providing you free, step-by-step troubleshooting steps.  If you would have chosen to continue troubleshooting in Firefox, those steps would have been much simpler.  Because you chose to uninstall Firefox and proceed with troubleshooting in Chrome, you have to deal with the complexity of Flash as a bundled component of a browser instead of as a standalone application.  By troubleshooting in Firefox, you could have just used the simple installers and uninstallers that we publish.

Troubleshooting aside, Flash Player is running out of process in Chrome and Firefox.  By implementing an out-of-process strategy for Flash Player, the browsers have designed it so that Flash Player literally can't take down the tab directly.  Since the hosting tab exits, it's much more likely that you're either running out of memory (in a way that causes the hosting tab process to exit), or you're hitting a browser or driver bug.

Completing the troubleshooting steps that we provided would provide some data points that would help us determine where to look next; however, if you're uncomfortable or unable to do that, it's reasonable to refer you to an expert for help.  Ultimately, we'd need a crash dump to understand.  As you've probably guessed, it would be easier to capture that in Firefox, too.

Adobe doesn't provide free support for free products.  I would personally prefer that we offered a paid support option, where an appropriately trained and supervised support technician could remote into your machine, but we don't.  Moreover, those decisions are way above my pay grade.  Nobody responding here is a technical support representative.  We're voluntarily answering questions in this user-to-user forum as a courtesy.  Having random employees remotely accessing random peoples' computers (particularly when they're not paying customers) is problematic for multiple reasons, and it's beyond the scope of what we're reasonably empowered to do.

If you find that Flash Player is truly causing you harm, you're absolutely free to save the money you'd spend on a technician and simply not use it. 

In fact, we make uninstallers available for your convenience:

Uninstall Flash Player - Windows:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Flash Player is disabled by default in Chrome, so simply reverting Chrome to it's default Flash settings should get the job done.

If you'd like us to investigate further, providing a crash dump that corresponds to the crashing tab would be super helpful.

There are some details on reporting a crash, here:

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Again, I'd highly recommend using Firefox for this, if the issue reproduces there.  Their crash reporting system is public, so I can directly inspect any logged crashes and tell you what the crashing process is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DonClivo, you still are lucky to know where to ask for help knowing that the game is in Flash Actionscript.

Imagine if it were programmed in JavaScript... where will you go then? I give you several tracks: the browser, the game developers...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeromiec,

Hands up i did not know or appreciate that you guys were volunteers helping people like me out of the goodness of your heart. When i got hit by whatever i got hit with it caused many problems and McAfee took remote control of my computer and did an excellent job on things. i wrongly presumed that you guys were the same but of course McAfee is paid for and flash is not. Presumption is always a dangerous thing and on this occassion I fell down the hole so again my opologies to you and your colleagues if i came across as being a little curt.

I still have Firefox installed on my computer so i could do what needs to be done on that since its easier but i have arranged for a chap to visit next Monday in an attempt to resolve the problem. If he's successful then happy days but if not then I'll try to digest everything you have told me and see what happens.

Kind Regards CLIVE

Villa Platani

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines