"Adobe Flash Player could not be installed" Adobe 26.0.0.131 on Win XP

New Here ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

XP SP3, Firefox 50.2.0. Adobe Flash 25 to 26.0.0.131
Getting error:

Same error as in previous old post:

I was able to install version 14.0.0.179 but can`t install the newest version. For system I chose: Windows 64-bit , English, Firefox. Downloaded "flashplayer17_ha_install.exe" and tried to install. Downloading ends at about 50 (52 or something) % and I see message: "Adobe Flash Player: Installation failed. Click ´finish´ for futher assistance". After pressing "Finish", I see "Adobe Flash Player could not be installed" and I see that the file "flashplayer17_ha_install.exe" is deleted from computer, it doesn`t exist there anymore.

I tried Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions and also http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/latest/help/install_flash_player_ppapi.ex e I was able to download ...ppapi.exe file and it showed it was installed but if I check version, it shows still 14.0...

[moderator: added WinXP to title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Hi,

The issue with the online installer is fixed now. You may now use the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer for installing latest version of Flash Player on Windows XP/Vista platforms.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PPAPI is for Chromium-based browsers, not Firefox, which uses NPAPI plugin.

<edit>

Downloaded "flashplayer17_ha_install.exe" and tried to install.

From where did you download this file, and when?  This is an online installer file for Flash Player 17, which was released 2 years ago.  This file will not work to download the latest version of Flash Player.

In either case, the latest online installer is not working on Windows XP and Vista due to a sha256 digital signing issue (see newest flash update won't complete install on Windows XP (or Vista) ).  We are working on fixing this issue.  In the interim, please use the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  newest flash update won't complete install on Windows XP (or Vista) discussion topic will be updated when this issue is resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

The issue with the online installer is fixed now. You may now use the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer for installing latest version of Flash Player on Windows XP/Vista platforms.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines