• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Adobe Flash Player is Blocked because it is out of date" osx 10.6 / Chrome 49

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How to get rid of this message??  I click "update plugin" and it takes me to a support page on google.

Otherwise I have to click "run this time" every few seconds.  Nothing will update anymore and I have the most current version available.

Please help thank you.

Flash Version:  21.0.0.216

Mac: 10.6.8

Chrome: Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit)

<edit>
[moderator: added os/browser to title]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing will update anymore because Chrome is no longer supported on OSX 10.6. Chrome 49 embeds Flash Player which is saved at a different location than when you manually install Flash Player.  You can try using a different browser (e.g. Safari, Firefox) or upgrade the operating system.  Note that Flash Player also no longer supports OS X 10.6.  See Tech specs |  Adobe Flash Player for currently supported operating systems and browsers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why all of a sudden a few days ago did I start to get this message?

I understand "it no longer supports OS X 10.6".  But is there a way to prevent this message?

thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd need to contact Google or the content provider.  The message is either from the browser or the content, not the plugin.

<edited>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2017 Oct 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, you're literally missing hundreds of security fixes between Flash Player, Chrome and MacOS in the configuration you're using. 

Both Chrome and Flash Player only support MacOS 10.9 and higher at this point.  It's time to upgrade the OS so that you can continue to use current browser and Flash versions.  It's just going to continue to get more difficult to keep things working.

We live in interesting times, and the constant march of updates and security patches is unfortunately the new normal.  Flash Player and Chrome are also interdependent.  The current version of Flash is designed and tested to work with the current version of Chrome.  This is why they release concurrently.  Having versions mismatched by months or years is a recipe for pain, and not something that we can feasibly test or support, given that everyone is effectively on monthly release cycles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines