Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"application initialization error" - Windows XP / Firefox

Nov 11, 2017 Nov 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: moved title content to message/body area and edited title for conciseness]​

I am trying to update Flashplayer but keep getting "application initialization error".  I am running Windows XP and using Firefox. I have tried several times to update but still get the error.  Help   --  Ray

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2017 Nov 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Which Win XP service pack are you using. This is most likely happening because the installers are signed with a sha256 digital signature and Windows XP SP2 does not support sha256 digital signatures (SP3 does support sha2556 digital signatures).

You may try the offline installer. Follow these steps

1)Download the uninstaller from: Uninstall Flash Player for Windows

2) Open the page: Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier

Under the heading "Still having problems" click on the specific link to NPAPI/PPAPI/ActiveX plugin.

3) Ensure all the browsers are closed. Run the uninstaller and then the offline installer.

If the problem persists, please write back to us.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have windows 5.1 running service pack 3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please provide the previously requested log files.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

We'll need to get the installation log files to troubleshoot the 'application initialization error'.  Please review the FAQ

Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? and provide all files listed: FlashInstall.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log, so that we can troubleshoot the issue.  Upload the log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7161and post the link to the uploaded files in your reply.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines