• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Couldn't Load Plugin": New Beta 26.0.0.89 PPAPI does not work in Chrome, Windows XP

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new beta 26.0.0.89 released on 4/27 does not work in Chrome and Windows XP. All previous versions did.

Windows XP is still a supported operating system. Also, the normal Internet Explorer and Firefox plugins work correctly, both on Windows 2000 and XP. It's only the Chrome PPAPI that does not. Available from this page: Download Adobe Flash Player 26 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs

Direct link on that page is: https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Hi sdfox7

This issue has been fixed in today's beta release, 26.0.0.102, available at Download Adobe Flash Player 26 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs .

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria

I appreciate your and divya_1993​'s dedication to this issue. I think it is important to note that Windows XP has more market share than all versions of Mac OS X combined: Operating system market share

While XP may be an older system, it is still a viable platform for many of us. I am running it as a virtual machine on top of Windows 7 Ultimate, as I have older software builds and WIN16  programs that are incompatible with Windows 7 X64. XP is a very well documented and understood system, being over 16 years old at this point.

I keep the XP VM up to date, so if I find any issues with the PepperFlash in the future, you can be sure I will report them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdfox7 ,

This should be fixed in the next weekly beta (sometime next week).

Thanks again for reporting this.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2017 May 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria (m_vargas

Thank you.

Stephen Fox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2017 May 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sdfox7

This issue has been fixed in today's beta release, 26.0.0.102, available at Download Adobe Flash Player 26 Beta for Desktops - Adobe Labs .

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

I am extremely grateful to you for going above and beyond to make your customers happy.

I have confirmed that both the stable release 25.0.0.171 and beta release 26.0.0.102 are both working on XP.

Stephen Fox

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

The bug was not present in the stable branch (25), only the beta branch (26). 

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

Here is a visual confirmation that the beta 26.0.0.102 is functioning correctly.

For testing, the final version of Google Chrome officially supported on XP is 49.0.2623.112 m. The full installer is here on my FTP: http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for posting the screenshot and confirming it's working correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a very similar issue to what this post described in the title as to the Chrome browser build, OS, Flash plugin not loading. The original thread began back on April 29, 2017. I would like to know if this resolution could be refined into steps that can be easier to follow. The only difference I would be interested in achieving is that I'm more likely to run a stable version instead of a beta. Other than this, I'm only trying to follow a path of steps for extracting a non-embedded version, for instance 25.0.0.148 PPAPI, in the final version of Chrome 49 supported on Win XP 32 bit.

I don't mean this in a critical way, by any means. For all of the effort and time that was put into resolving this, I'm only looking to see if this is possible. I had noticed a few or more replies that could be explained by following one or more different methods. I'm not a beginner, and I learn very quickly, but I'm also not on a level that compares with what was put forth by sdfox7 and m_vargas.

I will be following closely to keep up with any responses to this reply, and to answering any additional questions.   Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll work on getting the instructions to you.  To make it easier, please provide the Flash Player Path from chrome://plugins

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_vargas  wrote

I'll work on getting the instructions to you.  To make it easier, please provide the Flash Player Path from chrome://plugins

Thank you.

The end of the Flash Player Path that's cut off in the image reads:  \23.0.0.164\\pepflashplayer.dll

If I try to scale it down any more to capture the entire path, it becomes too small to read

Chrome Plugins.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not intended to be the simplification of the steps in this post.  This is only a draft I started in this way to show my understanding to what the list of steps might be. Please take the liberty to revise what needs to be corrected. I apologize in advance for mistakes 

1.) I install the non-embedded Adobe Flash Player release of the version pepflashplayer32_25.0.0.148.dll. This would be the PPAPI .exe file which is the recent stable release from the downloads page.

2.)  I create this folder \25.0.0.148 inside this root directory

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash

3.)  I move all files from :

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash

To :

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash\25.0.0.148

This is to allow chrome:/plugins to detect the correct version

4.)  I copy pepflashplayer32_25_0_0_148.dll from the \system32 directory, and paste it into the newly named  \PepperFlash\25.0.0.148 directory.

After doing so, I rename

C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash\25.0.0.148

To:

C:\Program Files/Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash\Pepflashplayer.dll

which overwrites the previous version of the PepperFlash player.

5.)   I enter the argument and parameters in my short-cut to Chrome 49 by editing the shortcut 'Target' to include this command line  (for a 32 bit system)

"C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_25_0_0_148.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="25.0.0.148"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The process is actually very simple for me to outline for you. It should only require you to take about 5 steps.

The reason this thread became so long was because I was trying to troubleshoot a faulty beta release.

I will have a simple process posted here for you by about 2pm EST. I am in the middle of something right now. Thank you for your patience!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

m_vargas​

Adobe Flash Player Beta 26.0.0.110 was released May 17, 2017, and is confirmed working with Google Chrome on Windows XP.

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta channel has been updated to 26.0.0.115, and is confirmed working with Google Chrome on Windows XP.

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta channel has been updated to 26.0.0.123, and is confirmed working with Google Chrome on Windows XP. Tested on my legacy PIII system.

Chrome 45 and newer PPAPI:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Chrome 44 and older NPAPI:

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta channel has been updated to 26.0.0.129, and is confirmed working with Google Chrome on Windows XP.

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is what I believe to be the simplest procedure for updating Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrome on Windows XP. I think the pictures should help; I have always been a visual learner. I hope this tutorial will be helpful for you, and anyone that needs it in the future.

It is unfortunate that a process like this is required, but Chrome no longer automatically updates Flash Player on XP, so this workaround is required.

I created a similar page about a year ago; you may also find that helpful: This computer will soon stop receiving Google Chrome updates because Windows XP and Windows Vista wi...

Please pay special attention to the instructions that I have emphasized in Bold and red, and any !. I have done this procedure on many different systems; if it doesn't work for you, then you may need to go back and make sure you did not miss a step.

1) You must be running Windows XP Service Pack 3!

Flash Player versions 20 and later will NOT run on SP2.

If you need SP3, you can download it from the Internet Archive, aka WayBack Machine,

http://web.archive.org/web/20120430003949/http://download.microsoft.com/download/d/3/0/d30e32d8-418a...

or from my FTP: http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/windowsxp-kb936929-sp3-x86-enu.exe​

Also, if you do not already have the full final Google Chrome 49 standalone installer for Windows XP, download it here: http://sdfox7.com/xp/sp3/EOL/ChromeStandaloneSetup.exe This is the most current version for XP (49.0.2623.112 m)

2) Download the current Adobe Flash Player from Adobe's website. As of this writing it is 26.0.0.131. When the version changes, you'll need to substitute the version number in the URL for the current one. For example, when Flash 25.0.0.171 became 26.0.0.131, the URL changed from

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/25.0.0.171/install_flash_player.exe to

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/26.0.0.131/install_flash_player.exe

If you are using Chrome 44 or older, you will need the NPAPI installer:

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/26.0.0.131/install_flash_player.exe

If you are using Chrome 45 to 49, you will need the PPAPI installer:

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/26.0.0.131/install_flash_player_ppapi.exe

Chrome 44 and older does not support the PPAPI plugin, and Chrome 45 and later does not support the NPAPI plugin!

3) Run the Adobe Flash Player installer, accept the terms, and click install. This will install Flash Player, and extract the files that you need for the next step:

chrome_flash_manual_install_1.jpg

4) Go to your C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash folder. Right-click on the file called pepflashplayer32_26_0_0_131.dll, then left-click on copy. You can also do CTRL + C to copy. When you click copy, you will not "see" anything happen, but this will copy the file to the computer's memory (Windows Clipboard), which you will need for the next step.

chrome_flash_manual_install_2.jpg

5) Finally, go to C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash, right-click, and select "paste". You can also do CTRL + V to paste. Then rename the file to pepflashplayer.dll. You must rename the file or this procedure will not work!

Note: You should also copy the file to C:\Documents and Settings\Stephen Fox\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\26.0.0.131. Youwill have to replace my user name (Stephen Fox) with whatever your user name is.

If you don't copy to the above folder, Chrome may still detect an outdated version in chrome://plugins, because this is where it populates that information from. If it does, the Flash Player won't run, even if the correct version is in C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash.

Note: if your C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome\Application\49.0.2623.112\PepperFlash does not contain manifest.json, you must also copy this file from C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash

chrome_flash_manual_install_3.jpg

Assuming you have done everything correctly, open your Chrome Browser and navigate to Adobe -  Flash Player (this forum automatically converts Adobe URLs but the raw URL is get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about

The page should show the correct version installed.

chrome_flash_manual_install_4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sdfox7,

Working through patience and following the instructions exactly as outlined, I have Flash Player updated for Chrome Ver. 49.0.2623.112 m  on WinXP  SP3  

The steps provided in this tutorial were very easy to follow.

I am very appreciative to you for your effort in providing this workaround.

I believe I was fortunate to have found this thread posted on this forum.

Not only for finding this thread, but also for the link to your page you created.

I'm certain it will prove to be helpful on supported browsers as well as the regular update on when a new Flash Player is released. I will most certainly save it.

Again, I would like to give my thanks to you for offering your valuable support and also for replying so quickly.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

djh104

I'm glad you found my instructions useful.

I have duplicated them at this page here: Here is what I believe to be the simplest procedure for updating Adobe Flash Player for Google Chrom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 22, 2017 Jun 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beta channel has been updated to 26.0.0.133, and is confirmed working with Google Chrome on Windows XP.

fpbgc26x133.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stephen

The downloadable program for the current Adobe Flash Player in your tutorial (step 2) from Adobe's website raises a question that I may have misunderstood. The comment states how to update Flash Player when a version changed.

(to substitute the version number in the URL for the current one).

First, I have to ask, I don't see how you can substitute a new version in the URL when running a program from the Adobe website?

Secondly, what difference is there between the tutorial step 2, and the .exe program for beta update from 26.0.0.131 to  26.0.0.133 ?

I copied the links for reference :

http://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/26.0.0.131/install_flash_player.exe      (from Step 2  - Chrome 45 to 49 PPAPI)

https://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashruntimes/flashplayer/install_flash_player_ ppapi.exe  (Chrome 45 and newer PPAPI)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@djh104

The offline installers are posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.  You should use this page to obtain the offline installers, as opposed to links that change with each release.

Hi sdfox7​

For the same reason, it's best to point users to the help page, not post direct links, especially links that change regularly.  This is why we always post links to the help pages, not direct links themselves.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maria,

Thank you for referencing to me the page and section to obtain the offline installers. I will refer there in the future going forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines