Exit

"Flickering effect" in PPAPI Adobe Flash contents - MacOS High Sierra 10.13

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,

I have an issue with Adobe Flash Player:

I am using a software which shows Flash Player videos & animations and I have the following issue:

When I try to read a Flash content, I can hear the sound perfectly, but the screen remains blank (white). If I go fullscreen, after a few seconds images start to appear     but there is an important "Flickering/Blinking" effect. For a few miliseconds the screen will be all blank (white), then the image of the content I am watching will appear, then it will become blank again, etc... at a quite high frequency (several times a second). It is a kind of "stroboscopic effect". If I leave the full screen mode, the same issue (blinking) will continue.

I am not sure about this information but I believe the software I am using is based on the Chromium browser as I've seen a file named "Chromium Embedded Framework.framework" in its installation files.

I am requested to have the PPAPI installed to be able to use the software, so this must be a PPAPI issue.

Video of the issue:

I have the following Flash-related elements installed on my MacBook:

27.0.0.170 :NPAPI

27.0.0.170: PPAPI

My system:

MacBook Air

MacOS High Sierra 10.13

Core i7

8 Go DDR3

The software used to watch the flash content:

ATP Digital (their website: bristol.gs)

I already tried to:

- Reinstall Adobe Flash Player (version 27)

- Install an older version of Flash Player after uninstalling the current one (version 21)

Without any success so far.

In case this information can be helpful, I have two web browsers on my computer: Safari & Google Chrome (but I only noticed issues with ATP Digital so far).

Is this a known issue? Is this related to MacOS HighSierra? Are there any workarounds? What can I do?

Are there some tests I can do to try to identify the root cause ?

Thank you very much in advance

Greg.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 18, 2017 Oct 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can find the list of supported browsers here:

Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player

You would need to take any problemw with APT Digital up with them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines