• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Instalation failed" every time i try to install.

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2018 Sep 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i try to install Flash Player, every time at 50% it says: Instalation Failed. I tried to do EVERYTHING, still won't install...
PS. I am installing Polish version, on Windows 7, Firefox.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

I'm seeing a signature validation failed error, but that should not be the case, as all installers are properly signed, and if they weren't signed, more people would be reporting the issue.

As this is a failure with the online installer, I'll forward the log files to the online installer team.

In the interim, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please share Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log file from your machine. To get the location of log files, please refer to Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? page. Once you have the log files, please share them. To share files, follow steps mentioned on How to share a file using Adobe Document Cloud page. Once uploaded the files, post a link here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing a signature validation failed error, but that should not be the case, as all installers are properly signed, and if they weren't signed, more people would be reporting the issue.

As this is a failure with the online installer, I'll forward the log files to the online installer team.

In the interim, please try the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, that worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 26, 2018 Sep 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the date and time on your computer correct?  That could cause signature validation to fail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The time is 100% correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 02, 2018 Oct 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The 'signature validation failed' error is due to a sha2 digital ceritificate requirements by Microsoft.  Flash Player installers use the sha2 digital certificate, however, it seems your system is missing the required updates to correctly validate.  Please ensure the following 2 updates are installed:

KB3033929

If you are up to date on your Windows 7 SP1 updates, this should already be installed.
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3033929

KB2921916

This system install is not part of standard updates. It is a hotfix, and would need to be installed manually.
Information: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2921916

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines