• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Movie not loaded" - ONLY IN FIREFOX (Windows and Mac)

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since recent flash and or firefox update, not sure which.

Same video(s) plays fine in Chrome, EDGE, IE11, Opera...

example URL Rotax-Owner.com - Rotax Minute - Loctite Application Essentials

FLASH 28,0,0,137 

Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit)

I'm guessing maybe the site's SampleMediaPlayback.swf no longer passes the Firefox Flash plugin swf-check?

(If so - is this a bug, or is there a  SampleMediaPlayback.swf  update available?)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

It turns out that the Rotax page doesn't work because the page was conditionally (depending on Firefox version) sending bad markup to the browser, which shouldn't have allowed the Flash content to work in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firefox, like most other browsers disable Flash by default.  You most likely just need to enable it.  See Why do I have to click to activate plugins? | Firefox Help for assistance.  Using Windows 10 Home Version 1709 and the Firefox 57.0.4 (64-bit), I installed FP 28.0.0.137.  Navigated to Rotax-Owner.com - Rotax Minute - Loctite Application Essentials and enabled Flash.  The video then displayed:

Screen Shot 2018-01-17 at 10.21.15 AM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not the case here... (win10 Pro 1703 & OSX 10.13.2)

Flash plugin is enabled, it just refuses to load the video:

flash-firefox-bug01.png

flash-firefox-bug02.png

PS: if you try a refresh of that page again, I'll bet you will find the same problem.

STRANGE BUT TRUE: I just tried visiting the site from a (current win10/FF/Flash) workstation that had never loaded it before, and THE FIRST TIME I viewed one of the videos there, it LOADED. Then tried a second one, and NO LOAD. Then went back to the first one I viewed.. ALSO NO LOAD.

Clearing Firefox cache doesn't help... Same machine views them all fine in (latest) Chrome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can reproduce this.  Just looking at the behavior, I'm not sure what's going on. 

Clearing all of Flash Player's saved data and the browser cache doesn't help either.  I was thinking that maybe it was a cached library with an expired digital signature, but that doesn't appear to be the case. 

I'll get a bug going on it.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looping around on this.  Our analysis indicates that this is a Firefox bug.  I'm tracking down the offending change at the moment, and will get a Mozilla bug going on it

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 31, 2018 May 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It turns out that the Rotax page doesn't work because the page was conditionally (depending on Firefox version) sending bad markup to the browser, which shouldn't have allowed the Flash content to work in the first place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines