• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Press esc to exit full screen mode" stays on screen, wont disappear, I have to refresh page many times

Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2015 Feb 07, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Windows 7

using firefox

adobe flash player 16.0.0.305

I have tried many things and with this new computer build I did not want to try any of the 3rd party fixes for this issue. I see a ton of posts regarding this issue some referring to the problem as the creator of the game or video, some referring to Why is this still an issue why hasn't this been fixed its been years.....

So I am starting a new discussion as I cant find any relevant in time fixes for my issue all I see is over two years old with no real fixes for the issue. So I hope I am just missing it.

Anyways here is the issue I would love to just disable it make it go away entirely. I know I need to press esc to exit full screen mode. Most of the time it does disappear and that would be fine too but while I am watching hulu videos in my queue and escaping between full screen mode and normal mode to add next show to queue and then going to next show in queue sometimes I have to refresh the page to make the bubble disappear.

Is there anything I can do? and I quote many users before me in stating "Why is this stilll an issue?"

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The dialog exists to prevent a phishing site from replicating a full-screen impostor of an actual browser (think pretending to be your bank's log in page).  It's not really to remind you how to get out -- it's to make sure that you know that the browser is now consuming the full screen.

It's odd that it's not going away though.  Firefox has been making a number of changes recently that affect Flash.  I can't think of anything that we've done that would have changed this behavior. 

Do you have the same problem in Chrome or Firefox ESR?  

Firefox Extended Support Release FAQ — Mozilla

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2015 Feb 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hmmm lets see well in reply to your answer and comments. I only use firefox. I wrote an app about 6 months which without any user intervention could really mess up chrome. I could download passwords from chrome unencrypted so I do not use chrome I avoid it like the plaugue. Internet Explorer kind of the same issue but in reverse seems to be pretty secure but huge and klunky. So I only use firefox. I just refreshed it which fixed an issue I was having with a sign on issue with swagbucks ext add on not remembering who I am and so on. I will see if this has any effect.

To continue on this issue though if you know hulu at all. If I pick the next show I want to watch manually, which would technically load a new web page as a "refresh" It always disappears, However if I use the queue option or auto watch mode I really don't know how to properly discribe this. If I just let it finish a show and it automatically picks the next show. Then I assume that flash player programming is causing the web page change and so somehow yes the webpage changes but the "refresh" does not occur or inother words the flash player keeps running doesn't get refreshed and over time several things occure. If i watch about 5 shows in this automated matter flash starts to really eat up my memory and then the esc message starts to not disappear.

Also randomly I can not tell which ads cause this of course, I would love to be able to give you or hulu more info but There is an add that gets ready to play during a show. This add causes my antivirus to throw a fit and blocks it, then flash player crashes I would assume because of the failure to load the add and play it.

I understand your description of why it is the way it is and that makes since. But for us wire cutters or cable cancelers, I watch tv through online use and for whatever reason flash is the only option. and having to get off my couch and go over to my computer to refresh the webpage and or reload cause of crashes is getting old.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 10, 2015 Feb 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, this is helpful.  We've seen a number of malware campaigns affecting large content providers over the last couple months, but this is the first I've heard about a streaming video provider.  Out of curiosity, what A/V product are you using?  I'm going to spend some time trying to reproduce this tonight.  I'd like to maximize my chances to hit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hmmm not sure what you mean by a/v product? if you meant my tv it is just a 30 inch samsung vith vga inputs across the room.

otherwise I have windows 7 with newest firefox using newest flash. and using hulu.com and i have submitted every crash report I could.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my list of shows are greatest american hero, twilight zone, miami vice, all star treks available, quantum leap, hulk, all ncis on nbc.com, bluebloods, hiwaii five o, scorpion all on nbc.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mentioned that your anti-virus software threw an alert when the player crashed.  What anti-virus scanner are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2015 Feb 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use avast free version. It just threw an alert up and blocked it of course thenthe player crashed probably due to not being able to play anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok here is a good example of how it fails or maybe a side effect of it actually working but is annoying....

Tonight, I watched in this order. Watch Naruto Shippuden Online - (Sub) As a Taijutsu User | Hulu then

Watch Marvel's Agent Carter Online - SNAFU | Hulu then Watch Arrow Online - The Return | Hulu then

Watch Highlander Online - For Evil's Sake | Hulu and all but last when I went to full screen showed the message you are in full screen and then it disappeared like it should the last one it shows the message and wont disappear.

now to get you the links I used the back button and then went forward again back and forth to watch my show as I am typing this in for your support. and I would think that the back and forward buttons are refreshing if you will the pages but apparently not because it is still showing the "full screen message" and not disappearing.

Now I am going to try the reload button or "f5" "f5" pressed causing a reload of page at this point I am at 13:03 into the for evil's sake episode of Highlander, after the page refreshed now the "full screen message" does disappear

But still an annoyance to have to get off my couch and go to PC and refresh... ... ... I kind of like being ably to setup my hulu queue pipe video out to my big screen TV and let it go. sucks to have to get up and go to my PC and break the full screen mode refresh the page and put it back to full screen...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don´t have this problem. Try on another website and see if it getś fixed.

Links To Example Websites:

1. YouTube 
  2. Google 
  3. Wired 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines