• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This program cant install because MSVCR110.dll is missing".. but it isn't. Help please.

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2014 Jun 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title says, the installer thinks the MSVCR110.dll file is missing. I have reinstalled the latest version of Visual C++ just to be sure the file wasn't corrupt.  I then checked my system32 folder and the file is there but Adobe updater doesn't seem to know where to find it. I have adobe flash player installed, its the latest update that will not install. Not an urgent issue considering i do have flash. but i'd like to figure this out. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

mavelli wrote:

I have reinstalled the latest version of Visual C++ just to be sure the file wasn't corrupt.

MSVCR110.dll is part of Visual Studio 2012 runtime; you should install that.

But frankly I don't understand why the installer doesn't provide its own version of that.  Try these installers

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mavelli wrote:

I have reinstalled the latest version of Visual C++ just to be sure the file wasn't corrupt.

MSVCR110.dll is part of Visual Studio 2012 runtime; you should install that.

But frankly I don't understand why the installer doesn't provide its own version of that.  Try these installers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah i have that runtime installed and but it still couldn't see that. That other installer you linked did work Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have solved the problem on my system and would like to share the solution.  This solution applies to Windows 7 64 bit (x64) operating system.

(1) First step was installing the  Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012.  I installed the (x64) version which applies to my 64 bit operating system.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

(2) After restarting I verified that MSVCR110.dll was installed.  I found it in the System32 folder where .dll files normally go.

File path:  Computer >> OSDisk(C:) >> Windows >> System32

** Here's the problem! In 64 bit systems the MSVCR110.dll must also reside in the SysWOW64 folder as well.  That's apparently where the Adobe Flash Installer is searching for the MSVCR110.dll file.

(3) I opened the SysWOW64 folder and verified that MSVCR110.dll was not there.

File path:  Computer >> OSDisk(C:) >> Windows >> SysWOW64

(4) I opened both the System32 and SysWOW64 side by side and COPIED MSVCR110.dll from the System32 over to the SysWOW64 folder.  So now BOTH folders have a copy. 

(5) I retried installing Adobe Flash Installer and it worked!

Dear Adobe.  I just saved you a ton of workforce hours trying to solve this problem.  I would like a 1 year subscription to Photoshop/Lightroom please. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 20, 2014 Aug 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jessearroyo wrote:

** Here's the problem! In 64 bit systems the MSVCR110.dll must also reside in the SysWOW64 folder as well.  That's apparently where the Adobe Flash Installer is searching for the MSVCR110.dll file.

Interesting solution!  Even more interesting is that I have MSVCR110.dll in both System32 and SysWOW64 folders:

• System32: msvcr110.dll 11.0.51106.1, size 829 KB
  • SysWOW64: msvcr110.dll 11.0.51106.1, size 854 KB

These are obviously different modules, most likely one is the 64-bit, the other the 32-bit version.  How I got them there - I don't know...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the 829 KB version in both the System32 and SysWOW64 folders and now my system works with the Flash installer.  I wonder if you downloaded the 854 KB version from a .DLL site or by any other means other than the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2012 installer for 64 bit systems.  The 854 KB version you have may be a hacked version.  Replace it with the 829 KB version and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 21, 2014 Aug 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never download any DLL files, but it may have come with another installation.  Actually I think that the MSVC 2012 64-bit redistributable should install both 32-bit and 64-bit DLLs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 09, 2014 Oct 09, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I find your solution very helpful. My DLL file is missing in SysWOW64 and thus I downloaded dll file for 32bit version. It works finally! Though re-installing of Visual C++ doesn't solve my problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 18, 2014 Dec 18, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gracias che!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Dec 21, 2014 Dec 21, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I've spent several hours trying various things to fix this problem. Your answer definitely warrants that comp Photoshop license! Happy Holidays!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2014 Dec 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JesseArroyo!! After a lot of hours searching on the net finally a solution that really worked!

And yes, you should get your reward of Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Inspired in your suggestion, JesseArroyo‌, but without manually tweaking Windows sytem folders, I checked another workaround.

Please note that, paradoxically, the "WINDOWS\SYSTEM32" folder should only keep 64 bit DLLs, and "WINDOWS\SysWOW64" should only keep 32 bit files (it's not a typo! For more information check: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/949959/why-do-64-bit-dlls-go-to-system32-and-32-bit-dlls-to-syswo...).

My client had an Adobe CC 2015 complaining about missing MSVCP120.DLL and MSVCR120.DLL files, corresponding to Visual Studio 2013 Runtime. Uninstalling/reinstalling the runtime didn't help, I even did't find the DLLs when finished installing (my client has also Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 and 2013 versions installed, may by it's related to the problem).

Finally I got Adobe CC working following these steps:

- I downloaded separate sets of 32bit and 64bit DLLs: 

- I copied the 64 bit DLLs to the all the folders where the main Adobe .EXE files appear (for example, next to Photoshop.exe)

- I copied the 32 bit DLLs to the following folders (only if you have them): 

• Adobe Audition CC 2015\32
  • Adobe Media Encoder CC 2015\32
  • Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2015\32

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2015 Oct 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing the Visual Studio 2013 redistributables (both x86 and x64) should always fix that problem.  Any manual DLL downloads will eventually lead to troubles; and they will never be updated if security fixes are released.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2016 Jan 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! i instaled Visual C++ redistributable 2012 and aparently worked but before i re-install all visual c++ and fix this problem work 100% thank-you!

Adobe Illustrator CC 2015

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pat the link for other installer is giving errors.. nay help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

http://www.{completionpageurl}.com/?exitcode=-1

Unable to to connect to server to verify install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2018 Feb 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I faced the same MSVCR110.dll is Missing error. Installing MSVCR110 FILE didnt help me. I had to fresh Installation. If the above replies didnt help anyone facing it rightnow then walk through these steps.

1. Reinstall The Program that you installed before this issue occired.

2. Download & Install The MSVCR110 FILE.

3. Update The Antivirus.

4. Clean Registery - I used Ccleaner.

5. Fresh Installation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines